1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

How to keep Tablet software keyboard from popping up in MS Word when using bluetooth keyboard?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spinedoc77, Jan 22, 2013.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone else finding a setting to disable the software keyboard on Tablets when using MS Word? This is in Office 2013, haven't tested any other ones yet. When I click on any area of the workspace the software keyboard pops up, even though I have a bluetooth keyboard connected, it's very annoying.
  2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't actually remember that happening at all for me, but I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight.

Edit: So I just gave it a try with Word using the Preview version of Office 2013; if I tap on the screen, then the onscreen keyboard comes up, even when I have a Bluetooth keyboard connected. When I click with my mouse, the keyboard doesn't come up.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013