How to install X25-V SSD on TM2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by fatestkid, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatestkid

fatestkid Pen Pal - Newbie

How did you guys do the install?

I just installed the x25-v and used the bluray drive to boot from the hp recovery disk i paid for and it wont go past the first screen, keeps giving me an error about failure to copy files. I think its because it trying to create the same size partitions as the 500gb HDD that my tm2 came with.

So the recovery disk is pretty useless, next step should I try to install it with a clean windows 7 install and then install individual drivers from SWsetup? I copied that folder over beforehand.

Also is there any other folder/file that i should back-up from the original 500GB HDD, because I'm going to be formatting it.

thanks in advance

2. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

I think the recovery disk will only work if the same size disk as the original is there. You need some type of disk cloning software. I installed a Kingston SSD and it came with Acronis True Image Home (which didn't work, but luckily I had the full version anyway). You connect your original hard drive through USB and then clone that to the new SSD; the cloning software adjusts the size of the partitions to fit on the new drive. There are freeware cloning tools available and you can find them by doing a Google search on something like 'ssd laptop clone'.

3. fatestkid

fatestkid Pen Pal - Newbie

any solution to install the ati suite and driver. I am running win 7 ultimate and the suite installs and get through but in the log it shows that the driver was not installed. I downloaded the newest one from ati website and still same issue. The one from hp doesn't work.

I'm using the tm2 with a SSD and wasn't able to use the recovery disk since they were made for 500gb harddrive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.