How to identify "Model Name" and "Part # / Revision" of R1F battery?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ddc, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddc

ddc Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the process of my first RMA of my R1F battery (9 months, 45% wear) by cross-shipping. On the cross-ship document, it asks for "Model Name" and and "Part # / Revision" but I'm unsure what to put for them. I searched through the forum a little bit to see if anyone else had this question, but couldn't find anything helpful.

The model name refers to the laptop itself, right? In my case, R1F-K018E. The part number I think is A32-R1, which comes after ASUS Li-Ion Battery Pack.

And, just curious, Asus gave me a FedEx account # to use when shipping my battery to them, does Asus cover shipping both ways?

2. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

Informations are on the battery
    Model name: ASUS Li-Ion Battery pack A32-R1
    part/revision: A32-R1 or R1F-K018T

They do pay for shipping both ways, if you ask for Advanced RMA, they send you the new battery first, and with it, a prepaid box to send yours back.

3. ddc

ddc Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Scrambler, although I think you switched the model name and part # around.

I received the new battery today. Good thing, because when I checked the battery wear one last time before sending it in, it had gone up 18% in just a few days to 63%.

And instead of sending a prepaid box, Asus gave me a Fedex account # to use, so I used the same box and shipped it off at a Fedex center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.