How to get Microsoft Office 2007 ULTIMATE DVD

Discussion in 'Software' started by floatingpi, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floatingpi

floatingpi Pen Pal - Newbie

As many of you are probably taking advantage of the Ultimate Steal deal. However, if you where like me I didn't like it to only to be downloaded. Even their page states you can get the dvd for an extra charage.. So far a quick email to their customer support and a long wait for a reply... Here is the link so you can buy the backup DVD for $12 (it doesn't have a licence) But thats what the Ultimate Steal is for...

Link:

http://gc.digitalriver.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=wmp_phy&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=81594400

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm assuming that you ordered it? If so, can you report back on what you actually get? Pictures would be great! I'm curious if you get some cheapy CD or the whole deal as if you get it from a store with a license (w/ halogram disc and nice plastic box and printed materials). :D

Thanks.

Hopefully (if that's the case with Office) it's the same for Vista.

What's the S&H again?

3. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't see the need of having a dvd? If you download it, then burn it yourself, it'll cost you maybe 0.30$ compared to 12$. What kind of file does it download as?

4. floatingpi

Yea I ordered it, shipping cost nothing. Why I ordered it is for three reasons. 1 my internet connection sucks, I would have to try to or three times. 2 My burned Dvds dont seem to last as long as factory ones, I am always reburing my iso's. Lastly it looks more official and easy to grab off of a shelf. I will let everyone know what I get in the mail (I'll attach photos).

5. RealtorPete

RealtorPete Pen Pal - Newbie

Pardon my stupidity, but what good is the DVD without a license? Is this for backup only?

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

For floatingpi, it's necessary to install office. It shoulds like floatingpi is buying the software online, but waiting for the DVD to install Office....after which it will become a backup.

7. tabletonthevista

Thanks floatingpi. I'm a sucker for retail packaging.

8. floatingpi

Yep I own Ultimate thanks to the Ultimate steal deal. That deal comes with no DVD only an emailed licence.

9. Clodius

Clodius Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey how large is the download file? Been thinking about going for it, but if it's more than a gig it would take waaaaaay too long to DL.

10. tabletonthevista

Around 600MB. Not that big at all. I can easily download super fast on a university connection, but I'm interested in the media because those things just intrigue me. It'll probably be a looooooong time before I could get my hands on a retail copy of Office. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.