How to factory reset Vivotab Smart (me400c) ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by leies, Feb 13, 2013.

1. leies

leies Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried hold download Power and up key but nothing show up... please kindly help as I'm in booting loop after installed the display driver /___\ Thanks !

2. igorrj

igorrj Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm facing the same problem. I'd like to install the BIOS 0403 again. After my update, i,m having a touchscreen problems.

3. z_zk_z

z_zk_z Pen Pal - Newbie

I have listed the reply I got from ASUS tech support, which I never tried myself. If the Charms work (right side of screen), then select PC Settings, select General, and select RESET (but pick the complete reset which takes longer) and that would return the tablet to original settings. PS- If you have a USB keyboard connected to the tablet, using the general menu, you can even check out the BIOS settings.

Dear ZK,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service
    My name is Joe and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Please do these steps.
    1. Connect your docking or USB keyboard and connect power adaptor.

2. Enter login page, press keyboard’s shift key and the tab’s power icon on the lower right corner, and choose “restart”.

3. Choose “trouble shooting”

4. Choose “reset your computer”

5. Press “next step”

6. Choose “Fully clean the driver”

7. Press “reset ” and start the system recovery(about I hour)

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best Regards
    Joe

4. Loccy

Loccy Pen Pal - Newbie

I am highly sceptical that a Windows reset is going to have any effect on an updated BIOS.

In the ME400C experience thread, there's a post about improving touchscreen sensitivity. I'd try that first. Otherwise I reckon you'll nuke your Windows install only to be left with the same problem and a painful setup/reconfiguration to go through to boot.

5. leies

leies Pen Pal - Newbie

As i can't get into any windows... so i can't perform those steps ..

but i dunno what i did, after trying fixing from boot ( actually i feel it's efi ) , it loaded to recovery windows and let me full recovery. So my me400 goes alive again :)

6. Loccy

Loccy Pen Pal - Newbie

I was actually talking to the chap with the post BIOS upgrade touchscreen issue - but glad to hear yours is alive again :D

7. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Scribbler - Standard Member

I was playing around with this the other day... I believe with the tablet shut down, if you hold the Win key, then turn on the tablet, that'll boot you into recovery mode.

8. igorrj

igorrj Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you explain step by step how you performanced to the tablet?

9. Dkwookie

Dkwookie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I did a full reset using these steps
    On metro dashboard swipe from right to being up charms menu
    On charms bar tap settings at the bottom
    In settings tap "Change PC Settings" at the bottom
    Select "General" option on list
    Scroll options on right hand side and near the bottom are restore options

Hope this helps

10. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I was fiddling with drivers on my TF810C the other day and got stuck in a rebooting loop. If you can't get into Windows it's VERY difficult to get into the Advanced Startup Options to re-install Windows. A quick Google search tells you to use a recovery USB drive or Windows install disk to access the Advanced Startup Menu. I had neither and was pulling my hair out.

I discovered if Windows 8 fails to boot twice it starts an Automatic Repair. It's useless, takes 40minutes, and almost always fails. HOWEVER, when it fails, it gives you the option of clicking 'Advanced Options' which takes you into the Advances Startup menu! Hurray!