how to enable bluetooth under vista on Acer travelmate C112Ti ?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by lpgmango, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpgmango

lpgmango Pen Pal - Newbie

hello all, after upgrading to vista on my Acer C112Ti tablet pc, the bluetooth module (T60M665 , by Ambit) can not be detected in vista. using hardware scoping software like everest, there is no device attached to Intel 82801DB ..USB controller 24C7. function buttons like email, orientation-change also can not be recognized. and modem can be detected but no correct driver can be found.

on acer website, it does not contain vista upgrade support for C112Ti. BUT they have vista upgrade for C200 series.

i tried to install new C200 vista upgrade - LManager. and the functions keys work now (but keyboard stop to respond). i think i can do something later to fix the keyboard thing.

for now, i am eager to know how to enable bluetooth on C112. i guess C112 has the same bluetooth module as C200 series(model should be TMC204TMi )
    if so, we(I) can fix bluetooth problem also and C112 can have a vista OS finally.

thanks.

2. Hackman

Hackman Pen Pal - Newbie

Under vista just download the bluetooth driver package from the broadcom homepage. On my c204 i have a broadcom bluetooth chip.

3. lpgmango

thanks, hackman. but the problem is: C112Ti does not know the existence of a bluetooth device embedded. to my understanding, we must put the (soft) witch on to enable bluetooth.

4. Hackman

Hackman Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not understand:confused:
    Have you now bluetooth build in or usb-stick?

5. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

The BT radio is sadly off by default, and the only way in Windows that I could figure out to turn it on was through Acer's ePM.

6. lpgmango

Gautam is right. Ace has not released the software or API to turn bluetooth on under vista.

7. theastronomer

theastronomer Pen Pal - Newbie

Access the BIOS. Make sure the wireless settings are set to both wireless lan and bluetooth are enabled. This is what the case was on mine. :) P.S. I switched to Linux and it works great. Vista was like a giant riding a tricycle. To big and bloated for a low power machine. :(

8. ColorPrint

ColorPrint Pen Pal - Newbie

just install acer buttons driver from their website or CD (for Windows XP).
    Download it and run as administrator, then reboot.
    It works for me.
    The wireless button will work after this, and when you will turn on bluetooth first time it will be recognized by Vista and driver will be installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.