How to do 2 full screen vids?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Kendra, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendra

Kendra Pen Pal - Newbie

Just updated to Win 10 from Win 8.1 with my SP2 and I can't seem to find a way in being able to limit Full Screen into just one side when I open two full windows of either Chrome browser or Edge browser.

I could do manual pinch zooming but most of the time, I'd rather have a clean Full Screen look on one window while doing something else on the other window.

2. SebastianG16

SebastianG16 Pen Pal - Newbie

You talking about watching vids through the browser? What happens if you press the full screen button?

3. Kendra

Kendra Pen Pal - Newbie

It uses the entire screen instead of just half of the screen.

4. SebastianG16

SebastianG16 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh I see what you mean. With Windows 8 the Internet Explorer app remains within its window but goes full screen, with the Edge app in Windows 10 it goes full screen and takes over everything. It's a browser limitation.

As an alternative, there's an app in the Windows store called Webbrowser (the developer's name is Dalenryder Media) it does what you're looking for. It has limits though, if your video is a pop up it's not going to work. Alternatively there's UC Browser HD (made by UCweb Inc) which works better but doesn't fully go fullscreen, there's still some surrounding info but most of the webpage is blacked out. Until Microsoft patches Edge these are your options, I've reported this issue to MS, hopefully they sort it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.