How to delete a page in Windows Journal?

Discussion in 'Software' started by FinancialWar, Apr 17, 2016.

1. FinancialWar

FinancialWar Scribbler - Standard Member

Nah, I use OneNote for formula and graphs, it is more for reference.

But for going hundreds of EOC (End of chapters) exercises from hundreds of textbooks, journal is better. I know where the files, I can put the files in different folders, put on USB, sync with google drive, and I know I can open it on any Windows computer. OneNote is completely different beast, there is no files, I don't even know where OneNote stores it files.

My concern is not which software to use, it is why MS put straight/rectangle/circle function in Journal so indirectly, instead of give to convert something into a line, why not just give us the ability to draw a line.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

...because Journal is a half-baked attempt at making a pen-input notepad for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and has remained virtually unchanged since then. What's amazing is that it's still bundled with Windows, and it's taken them a decade to come out with something like Plumbago that will replace Journal eventually, if it ever makes it out of "Microsoft Garage" and become a finished product.

3. FinancialWar

What is the keyboard shortcut for the Lasso function? I want to map it to my PS3 navigation dildo thing.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Who knew, I thought I was the only one on this board to keep a dildo thing. Welcome to the club!

Balbutio ergo sum

5. FinancialWar

well given that you have a waifu for an avatar...

6. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There is no shortcut for that. You could either navigate through menus with Alt + X, or more efficiently as I showed in a previous post, use AutoHotkey.

7. FinancialWar

What does Alt X do?

8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Alt + e gets you into the "Edit" menu, then s selects the Selection tool. So your shortcut would be Alt + e + s.

This should allow you to select the Selection tool (try it with a keyboard). The disadvantage is that the Edit menu will quickly pop up (which doesn't happen with AutoHotkey) but this does give you a keyboard shortcut to the Selection tool.

Alt + a + s + l will transform a pre-selected inking into a line.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    FinancialWar likes this.
  9. FinancialWar

Holy cow. Thanks man. How did I not know this after so many years of using Windows!

I'm using Xpadder with the PS3 Nav Dildo, so I already map these keys executions, not as powerful as AHK, but much more user friendly. I'm scared of writing codes. lol

10. FinancialWar

I bet no one can figure this out.

How to zoom in and zoom out using keyboard only in Windows Journal?

No, I'm not talking about jumping to a fixed zoom, ie go to 200% zoom. I know how to do that with the keyboard and have mapped to Orbweaver. I need to zoom in and out from the current zoom level. At the moment, I can only complete this through by clicking two button in the "view toolbar". I can't map it to Orbweaver since there is no keyboard shortcut and it is not in the menu and the normal Ctrl++, Ctrl + -, Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel does not work either.