How To Choose the Best Tablet Screen Size

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Administrator, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jbenham

jbenham Pen Pal - Newbie

Right, if my netbook could do the things the tablet does, there would be no real need for me to look at a tablet, except portability. :)

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I have both an iPad and a Galaxy Tab 10.1, and I prefer a 10-inch tablet, because it works best for video (Netflix looks great), web surfing, and email.

Matthew does make a good point about ebboks, though. I read a lot on the iPad, and it's just a bit larger than is ideal for that particular task. My wrists get tired after a few hours.

I have to disagree about gaming on a 10-inch model, though. I play a lot of RPGs, and I prefer the larger display size so I can easily see (and enjoy) the graphic details.

One factor to keep in mind: I don't yet need reading glasses, but I have reached the point where reading tiny type isn't my favorite thing. You can adjust font sizes in ebook readers, but not in most other apps, or in the OS. So a larger screen is a better option for someone in my situation.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. jbenham

jbenham Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually prefer reading on the Sony S Tablet more then the Sony Reader. The way the tablet is designed, our wrists do not get tired. Font size and background brightness is adjustable.

4. bradley2000

bradley2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

IMG_20170906_114916.jpg
    Great article! Anybody knows which Android tablet is on the picture above (and featured in the original article)? Seems like the ultimate size and shape for me :)

Would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

I read a lot on my 12.5" Thinkpad Yoga 260. My wrists do not get tired, since I mostly store it on my leg. (= I would not want a noticeably smaller tablet for reading because it would make touch navigation too hard in Windows at FHD or better resolution & 100% scaling, while mobile OS'es totally suck for my usage.