How to boost speaker volume for EP121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by princenrj23, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princenrj23

princenrj23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello All,

I am currently using WIN8RP and have observed that speaker volume is way too low, in media player or you tube and especially for Skype I always need to use ear phones or external speakers.

Any tips on boosting speaker volume ?

Thanks

2. smslocum

smslocum Earnest Pilgrim

Go to the Realtek HD Audio Manager (probably in your system tray); Go to the Sound Effects tab; click the box marked 'Loudness Equalization.' Should give you a pretty healthy volume bump. Good luck!

3. BenjaminRies

BenjaminRies Scribbler - Standard Member

Something I've also had success with, for even more volume boost, is go into Windows' "Sound" control panel, double-click "Speakers" under playback devices, go to the "Enhancements" tab, and enable Equalizer. Then you create a custom EQ profile with all the frequency sliders dragged up to the very top, and name it "loud" or something.

4. princenrj23

princenrj23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks brother, I'll try it out and let you know if it doesn't work, b.t.w are you using WIN8 ?, If yes are you able to configure MS keyboard with WIN8RP ?, I am having a hard time configuring it, it just doesn't accept codes, I tried 0000, 1234, and all pass codes it shows on screen, but when typed through Keyboard, it shows another passcode ... and this goes on but it doesn't accept it and eventually after 2~3 times it just aborts the process... any guesses?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.