How much would my tablet be worth right now?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by oved, Oct 17, 2011.

1. oved

oved Pen Pal - Newbie

Im curious how much my tablet would be worth if I were to sell it. What is a reasonable price to sell it for? I would really like to purchase another with a better processor to use the tablet for more than taking notes and actually run some engineering applications. What do you all think would be reasonable.

I have a Fujitsu T-4410.
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 2.2 GHz
    2 GB of memory
    PDF Revu 8.5 (Excellent for taking engineering design notes)

The only real problem with it is that the screen no longer locks to the body of the laptop when switched to tablet. Everything else is great.

Thanks,
    p.s. Im not selling anything yet. :)

2. Hashaholic

Hashaholic Borderline Yadoo

Are you in the US? Your location is going to have some impact on its value.

Checking ebay's completed listings, I only found two of them: one went for $530 and the other $400, so I suppose that isn't the best source for market value but it's a starting point...

I'd aim for around $500-600 which is easily possible given your system specs with enough exposure. When I was in the market for a tablet a few months ago (was considering a T4410 among others), all the ones I watched on ebay went for more than that.

Unless you plan on the T901 with dedicated nvidia GPU for the engineering programs, the newer models aren't much of a performance upgrade. You'd be better off sticking with what you have, otherwise.

3. package

package Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a ASUS Transformer pad tf300t with 10" screen. Android 4.1.1 version. Its less than 6 months old. Works great. What is It worth?

4. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

<<...What is It worth?..>>

...As Hashaholic suggests, a good place to start is eBay (or other auction site) completed sales. I typically try to find at least ten or more completed auctions and then I try to narrow down the price range by looking at the details. For example, if I'm selling my tablet with accessories, like a companion keyboard or dock, I'll focus a little more on auctions like that.

Next, I'll divide the original price of the tablet (or laptop) by two. Here's where things start to get hard. I have found that when you try to sell to a dedicated group of enthusiasts, such as the members of these forums, it is very difficult because they usually are looking forward to the next big thing. They are only mildly interested in "yesterday's" products. Because of this mindset, they won't be interested in a used tablet unless A) It's in great shape, and it looks it, and... B) The price is very low.

So, you need to determine who your potential customers are. If you intend to sell on eBay, go with some weighted price derived from the completed sales (i.e. set a "Buy It Now" price with or without a "Make An Offer"). If you want to try to sell to this membership, you're going to need to set the price lower, more like half the original price.

Note that these comments are based solely on my personal experience. I'm sure that there are lots of exceptions, so YMMV. Sometimes, a seller and a buyer just come together, and that can be a great experience...

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If you're in a city with big universities, you might be able to get a few hundred more from a desperate college student.