How much RAM?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Brian, Feb 4, 2006.

1. citygal06

citygal06 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I've had my tablet for a couple months now and made my first post here yesterday :) I've noticed my tablet's been running rather slow when using the Office programs, especially OneNote.

I have 512MB of RAM now but am thinking about upgrading but not sure how much more I might need. I mainly just surf the web and use MS Office but I've heard that some of the Office apps actually use up a lot of resources, especially when doing things in Excel like pivot tables.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how much and where I should buy some more RAM, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

512MB is really the minimum for Windows. I recommend 1GB if you can afford it. It sort of depends on how your RAM is allocated now as to whether or not that's worth it though. If you're 512x1 that's good, 512x2 means you have to ditch both memory sticks to get to 1GB.

3. citygal06

citygal06 Pen Pal - Newbie

Cool. Thanks for such a speedy reply! Any suggestions as to where?

4. rankine

rankine Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems that "crucial Memory" is recommended quite frequently here on this site.

5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Crucial, Kingston, Kingmax and Corsair are my favorites. I'd check NewEgg for pricing.