How many hours are you getting with regular battery + modular on R1E?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by primexx, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berserk_king

berserk_king Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    What is the maximum amount of time your R1E (not R1F) has lasted with both modular and regular batteries taking notes on onenote with occasional web surfing (i.e wifi on). Does turning wifi and bluetooth off make much difference? Also how long would the modular battery last under these conditions as I was thinking of buying an extra one for longer battery life (ie using the regular battery with modular battery and carrying a spare modular battery to replace the first when it runs out)

Also are any R1E users still experiencing battery wear? I've been searching the forums but most threads are cluttered up with R1F battery problems so I would like a definite answer as to whether this problem has been solved with the R1E.

This sounds like the perfect tablet for me, however if there are still battery problems or it has a low battery life even with modular battery then I may need to reconsider.
    Any help would be much appreciated.:)

2. berserk_king

berserk_king Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone got any answers to my above questions as I really need to make up my mind on whether I will buy this or another tablet asap.
    Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

3. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

I have my tablet since 4 months now , and the battery with your usage above it will last for 6 hours and more , and the bluetooth and wi fi may reduce it to 5:15 in power saving mode !! and i have no battery wear till now ( this problem solved )

4. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm getting 5 hrs or so ( low processor speed, max brightness, wifi off, BT on ).

If battery life is really important to you, I'd suggest you look at the Fujitsu.

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If you're getting 5 hours with those settings, you may not do all that much better with a Fujitsu. I think if I set mine to dynamic switching, max brightness, wifi on and BT on, I'd be lucky to see 6 hours. I haven't tried, so I'm just guessing.

I can regularly get 8 hours with the screen on averaging around medium, wifi off, BT off, dynamic switching or battery saver. If I switch to battery saver, I can get closer to 10 hours and more.

I'm betting the 5 hours on the Asus can be stretched to 7 with a few configuration and parts changes. I'm glad to see that the battery issue has been resolved. I wish I would've been able to confirm the battery issue was fixed before I bought a tablet. I really liked the Asus, but I had to go the safe route since a bad battery would've been entirely unacceptable.

6. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

I take notes with with max brightness, wireless/bluetooth turned on, dynamic switching (obviously), and the most I've gone without recharging was ~3 hours total, and the computer reports something like an hour of battery life left, although I've found it quite inaccurate at predicting the actual times (which are longer), so you should easily be able to do 5 to 6 hours if you use it battery-consciously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.