How long till the tx3000 comes out

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by makryger, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stjasonl

stjasonl Pen Pal - Newbie

I want a new computer soon but would be willing to wait a few months for a better graffics chip and maybe bigger hard drive in the pre built models

2. r.andom

r.andom Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't seen anything about the development or a timeline on the next-gen of TX series yet; with that said I would say there is a reasonable probability that even the next model will still have a castrated GPU. It maybe more modern but it's still probably going to be bottom of the current barrel unless they change the market target.

The TX series is clearly a budget suited tablet. They pack as much stuff into the notebook as cheaply as possible. If they step up only a matter of a few hundred dollars (from 800-1000 to 1300+) they will be competing with a completely different grade of tablets and will have to seriously consider how they market/sell the unit and what features they include.

If you are serious about getting a tablet with real horsepower you should probably look at a non-budget machine. If you are patient it maybe worthwhile to wait for the next TX generation as long as you accept that it's still going to a budget-focused desktop productivity (read: not gaming) targeted GPU.

3. Michael-P

Michael-P Pen Pal - Newbie

i think hp could release the tx3000 when amd releases its puma platform-that would be around june.so approximately around june-july if hp has no special contract with nvidia...why do they still produce the 6150???:confused:

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I agree with you here. The TX2000 is clearly a budget tablet. Its price is the only reason I'd really consider it since there are better tablets at higher prices. If HP wants to go up in price, they need to reduce weight or increase the screen size, and GREATLY improve battery life, along with the performance improvement requested by the Jason. Still though, if they're merely competitive with the Gateway C-141xl, I'll go with the Gateway since it's a proven commodity.

5. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I definitely don't want a bigger screen. Can't imagine anything worse in a tablet that a huge screen. I'd much rather a 10" screen on a Tablet. Unfortunately the only 8-10" tablets are underpowered to the point of useless. Lighter is always good though.

The TX2xxx series may be relatively cheap. But except for the AMD processor (heat/battery life) it keeps up to and is way ahead of many of its expensive competitors. Especially since it manages to give an active/passive screen.

Personal opinion of course.

6. makryger

makryger Pen Pal - Newbie

I would expect the tx3000 to come out the same time the tx2000 and tx1000 came out out- at the end of January.

I agree, the tx series are great budget tablets, and it would be much less attractive if the price suddenly jumped up. However, these same arguements were made before the tx2000 came out. "The TX2000 will never get a wacoom capability, because its a budget pc, and if they do that, the price will skyrocket!" And look now, the price of the tx2000 is less than that of the tx1000, with waccom.

7. stjasonl

stjasonl Pen Pal - Newbie

but the tx1000 and tx2000 didn't come out at the same time the came out like a year apart didn't they?

8. makryger

makryger Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I should have been more clear- they came out at the same time of year, though a year apart. I expect the tx3000 to appear in January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.