How long does your Eee Note take to charge?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Jamie-B, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

It's been 9 hours now, and my Eee Note has gone from 7% battery to 68% battery :/ I think this is slower than normal, but I can't reliably say. The USB to two-pin adapter they provided me with is rated at 1A output (which I believe is actually quite high). I'll have to test the charge rate off my laptop, too.

I don't keep my Eee Note constantly on charge; I let it run low before I recharge it.

For comparison, it would be useful if you could monitor the rate of your Eee Note's charging and record it here whenever you get a chance, along with the current rating of the adapter, or whether you charged it via your computer's USB. I don't believe batteries charge in a linear manner, so also note down what battery level your Eee Note began at.

==== START OF LIST ====

1A mains adapter when Eee Note is on standby: 7% to 68% in approx. 9 hours
    USB from laptop when Eee Note is on standby: 68% to 88% in 1¼ hours
    USB from laptop when Eee Note is off: 20% to 40% in 1 hour

2. enginiger

enginiger Pen Pal - Newbie

your battery is dead

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

I dunno; it's charging 2.4x as fast off the laptop, even though it should charge more slowly as more becomes stored.

4. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you use the same cable in both cases? Anyway, will check later this evening how long mine takes to charge.

5. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

I think mine charge like in 2 hours. I noticed it was really fast if off.

6. chris-lawrence

chris-lawrence Pen Pal - Newbie

Lithiums should never ever be discharged below 25% -- it drastically shortens their life.

Though what this 7% (displayed by the software) actually means is mysterious -- I really wish they'd spit out an accurrate mAh used.

I never let it get below 60% myself -- but it never takes more than 3 hours to charge (and sometimes it is sitting at 100% for 30 minutes before it tells me its not charging anymore).

7. andy840119

andy840119 Pen Pal - Newbie

you can change another usb cabon <or ask ASUS for help>

8. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine takes a few hours to charge as well. I think 3-4 hours if I don't use it during charging.

9. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

That's why mine is always charged. I actually don't understand people that goes below 15%. It's the best way to kill battery. Unlike common thinking, we shouldn't discharge until 0 the battery to increase battery life. It was the case with nickel-cadmium batteries, but no more with lithium.

If a battery is technically at zero, it won't charge anymore because manufacturers makes circuits that would prevent to charge again. It can cause serious damages (explosions). Less the battery is used, more it will charge quickly also. That's why acpi puts a false margin when it says it's 1%, it's actually like 5%.

More reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Prolonging_battery_pack_life

10. andy840119

andy840119 Pen Pal - Newbie

Or change another adapter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.