How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Lithium ion batteries begin degrading as soon as they are made. It degrades based on time whether it is being used or not, so that shouldn't be too surprising.

2. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I just did the recalibration, but it did not benefit battery life at all. Ten days after posting this,
    now NHC shows my battery wear level at 31%.

This is just absurd, and annoying that the "fix" is to send the battery in and be without mobile laptop capability for more than a week. Then I get the same make battery . . . will it have the same performance?

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You'll never know until you try it. If it's really bothering you at the moment, what other options do you have?

4. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

jdwilson. have u tried that battery calibration tool in bios yet? hell i dunno what it does, but it's worth putting on overnight n seeing if that fixes anything.

5. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to add my 2 cents: I have had my R1F for a little over a month and have about 15% wear. Seems kinda much.
    Oddly enough, my modular bay battery is at 0% wear, even though its charged and discharged for more often.

6. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

i dont think calibration actually fixes anything. i think what it does is give more accurate readings to windows power management so that the battery life it reports is more precise.

7. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

mattj, yes as the first few words of my post above state, I did

8. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

sorry jdwilson. it was 8am. I hadn't slept. i missed that part. :p

hey for the guys that have excessive wear, are u using the tabby in battery mode all the time?

I'm still sitting at 3%. but this thing hardly gets off the charger and it's only been fully discharged twice n half way about 8 times.

If i use this in battery mode more often is my % likely to increase exponentially?

9. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

i only drained mine to the point of hibernation once. but otherwise it'll get to about 20-30% before I find a place to hook it back in.

10. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

jdwilson, I believe that you can call Asus and request they do a cross-ship for you to send you a battery first before you send one back to them. I did that this last weekend, and I'm waiting for the UPS truck now.

What they do require is that you sign a form saying that they can charge you 10$ to perform the cross ship as a guarantee, but it will be refunded at the closure of the process. They also want your credit card information as a guarantee, so they can charge it if needed.

Hope this helps you - I know how it feels to have rapidly degenerating battery life, my R1's main is now at 50% wear level and is only good for a class and a half. Hopefully their replacement wears down a lot slower than their original one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.