How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

well, talk about battery wear. My battery wear is at a all time high of 59%!!!

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

RMA it. It's the Asus cricle of life.

3. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, brought the battery to a service center, they first stated that there is no such thing as a battery problem and that the battery was working just fine, finally showed them this site, they reluctantly ordered in a replacement... been waiting for a replacement battery for a month. Still waiting.

4. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You've been waiting a month for a battery? Mine took 4 days round trip including time with the courier. Where do you live and where did you send it to?

5. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in Brisbane, Australia, and I sent it to the authorised repair center. I called them yesterday and they finally said the battery was ready to pick up.

6. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

^ thats still quite rediculous waiting a whole month. Especially as you probably sent it down to Sydney (roughly 1000Km south of Brisbane, but between two state capitals you would expect better service).

7. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

the service center is actually in brisbane. So to add insult to injury, the distance from my place to the service center would be close to 15 km

8. zigs

zigs Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't RMA'd the battery yet, but I have the problem. I have got R1F since april and NHC tells the battery wear level is 36% (about 1,5h - max 2h of running). Now I mainly work on AC power and the level is constant.

Is it possible to work only on AC power with the battery removed (when I send the battery to the service)?

I do not see new posts for 2-3 months - does it mean Asus has solved the problem?

9. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

the problem has not been resolved . . . . and yes it is possible to just remove your battery and send it in to be replaced/"fixed"

i really think i should look at getting a T4220 . . .

:S

grrrrr asus . . . i dunno if i should even ever get one of their motherboards again.

10. DustinGreen

DustinGreen Pen Pal - Newbie

You shouldn't have to only use the AC power. What you need to do is have them cross ship you a battery. That way you won't be out a computer during shipping. Just call asus with your RMA and/or service number they gave you and tell them that you want to cross ship the battery. They will send you the replacement battery first, then you can send them the old battery as soon as the new one arrives. (You wil have to fax them some information in order to cross ship but that is not a big deal).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.