How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

1. jlg

jlg Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm just in the same boat. Got my R1f in mid-march, and I had tried it then with over 3 hours usage. I just used it tonight, and it went into hibernate at 1 Hour 35 minutes from fully charged -- BAD!!!
    I just sent off a note to Milestone PC to see what can be done here. I can't really afford to send the battery back and wait for a new one -- I use this all the time commuting on a train, and it would be a real P.I.T.A to not have it for that long.

2. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

try turning off auto-hibernate and see how much longer the battery runs afterwards. i'm getting at least 30 minutes more after my tablet tells me its out of juice.

anyhow, these batteries are still a problem as you don't see this many complaints about one issue in the other forums. i'm thinking about giving mine to my little bro and getting one of the thinkpad tablets instead. they're getting like 4 hours on one battery compared to my 4 hours with two batteries.

3. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

My pentium 3 gets 4-5 with an extended battery. My friends t60 gets 6-7hrs with an extended and HP tablets claim to get 16 in their documentation (if you run all the hi-cap battery options)

Its unfortunate what companies release laptops with (pertaining to battery life). One battery, one charge a day, all day should be the rate.

4. frnchung

frnchung Computer Enthusiast

Is there anyone who has had their R1f for about a year and had no battery wear problems? I'm debating on if I should get a R1f.

5. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think anyone has had the R1F for a year - it only came out last september or so at the earliest (correct me if I'm wrong)

6. frnchung

frnchung Computer Enthusiast

Fine. Has anyone had a R1F for a very long time (months) and has not had battery wear problems?

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are a lot of users out there who have not had any problems with their R1F.

It's the nature of a forum in that you mainly receive posts relating to problems, not fully working machines.

8. FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT Pen Pal - Newbie

How does that tally on the upper left counting how many people have each tablet PC work? Is it accurate to read the chart to say that 1203 registered members of this website own R1Fs?

And has anyone else gotten success with turning of the critical alarm as was suggested earlier?

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi FantasiaWHT,

The "Most Popular Tablet PCs" section of the homepage we have here at TPCR is not how many users own the Asus R1F, per se. It's more about how many clicks are counted from users, be it prospective or current users; mainly it's Internet web search spiders and bots caching all the pages of that particular model. As it says below, "% Share of 13,957 Clicks / Click Count" (as of Sun, May 27, 2007 @ 2:02 PM EDST -4).

10. FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, ok. So while it gives a -rough- estimate of the "market share" here at this site (assuming that Asus users don't click more frequently than other brand-owners, at least) you can't use it at all for total numbers. Darn.