How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

Thankfully, after getting my R1F back from repair, I don't have issues with the touchpad. They did replace the motherboard and I no longer appear to get disconnected from wifi when on AC power, but I notice that the laptop is much hotter on the bottom. This might be normal though. Perhaps my unit was originally not getting the heat out through the casing and it was overheating internally and shutting off the wifi??? That's a big guess on my part...and an uneducated one at that.

As far as the battery goes.... So far there's been no reduction in battery life during the couple of weeks I've had it back. But I've been using the modular bay battery too. Without having to run my laptop throughout the day in classes, I'm likely never progressing too far into my main battery (since the R1F will use the modular bay battery completely up before moving to the main battery).

2. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Generic brand batteries for R1F sounds like a good idea. Might have to look into that if this problem is unresolved. Then again i think ill get a final replacement before the 12month warranty expires and get a module bay battery (depending on whether users complain within the next couple months about wear) and just never run it below its final 10-15%.

*nodnod* sounds like a solid plan...

Also the heat? well yeah, mine gets so damn hot that i reckon i can start cooking things on it. Two areas in particular, where the hdd is and on the bottom right of the screen where all the lights are. I'm fine with that tho, its winter and it keeps me warm =)

3. weinilourson

weinilourson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi... I'm really surprised at how long a thread can go! I suppose that reflects how so many of us are having issues with the batteries.

Ever since my first battery problem, I've bought a 2nd battery, and now I carry it with me every day. It gives me about 4hours of use, which is acceptable. This battery life has been quite stable for the past 2 months. I hope that it stays that way.

The problem with this is that my tablet now lacks a CD/DVD drive because it's bay is occupied by the 2nd battery :( . That's a little frustrating, considering the weight and price of my R1F, I would expect an in-built DVD drive. It's just that the main battery by itself just cannot last me throughout the day.

weini

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It is the longest or largest topic made in the whole of the forum, both past, current and active!

5. dantheman

dantheman Pen Pal - Newbie

my battery is slowly dying!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!! i don't want to become a statistic. :mad:

oh well, all good things must come to an end. i started, 5 months ago, with about 3 hours of battery life. now i get maybe 2:15.

6. thundermax

thundermax Pen Pal - Newbie

my wife's 6 year-old Dell gets 10-15 minutes of battery power. :p

7. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

So I was in class today.... and learning from previous times, I should shut down before 10% so battery wear doesnt stack on. So anyway, it dropped to 16% all of a sudden i got the battery under 10% msg and suddenly it dropped to 6% so i shut down immediately. Booted it up checked NHC and it showed 14% wear.. thats a 5% jump just like that.

Now the question, run it down to 0% a few times for it to hit 50% wear then get an RMA or try to sustain it a bit longer?

8. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't be concerned with battery wear as much as the simple question 'how long can I use the system before the battery dies?' I RMA'd mine when the battery could not run my system for an hour.

9. thundermax

thundermax Pen Pal - Newbie

I just downloaded NHC, I don't see the wear percentage.

10. ElusiveA

ElusiveA Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update on my situation. In the 3 months of having my R1F I've gone from pushing 3:45 hours down to less than 2 now. I thought I'd escaped the battery problem but obviously not. Now I'm just waiting for a modular battery to finally be in stock here in AUS (only a few more days hopefully) so I can call up and send off the main battery under RMA.

Anyone done an RMA in Melbourne, Australia?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.