How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

since jdwilson took the opportunity to make the 200th 'post' for this thread, i thought i'd take the opportunity to make the 200th 'reply' to this post. Yayyy.

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Out of curiosity...what's the longest thread ever on these forums?

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually and I think you know this alpha but it's this topic.

...and by some margin too :)

4. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds a little similar to my experience (Asus UK perhaps?). They denied all knowledge of an issue. Unfortunaely after 6 calls and having been told to contact the repair company to arrange a replacement myself the guy i spoke to virtually laughed (actually he chuckled) when i described my problems and demanded a replacement unit. not sure how these problems appear funny to Asus

Overheating, battery down 16%, bag broken. even the touchpad isnt straight, it rises at the left side. on a laptop less than a month old.

Sent them a mail, which they requested, detailing the whole torrid affair which included a link to this forum topic and the notebookreview thread on ACPI testing but no reply.

Will call them monday and if no luck its time to contact consumer affairs. Perhaps a little public name and shame game may be in order if they think its so funny.

5. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

OMG!! I have the same problem when I got it back from them after they "replaced" my motherboard. Not only that, i started getting a lot of scratches along the corners of the casing from the screen and base rubbing against eachother when in the laptop bag.

Yeah you can count me in as a supporter for action with consumer affairs!

6. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

yup i have the touchpad problem too.

7. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

So I had my 3rd battery replacement about 1-2wks ago. I'm sitting on 9% battery wear. First time i ran it to 0% battery it stacked on 4%. Then today I ran it to 7% battery and it stacked on a further 5%... JUST LIKE THAT!!!

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With 3 x batteries replaced, this has just got to be an R1F issue.

9. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

To be honest I think you will be stucked with bad batteries for a while - I got a suspician that it is not the battery, more something to do with the internal circutry or the ac adapter. Reasons are that not many are affected by the battery problem - the amount of people on these boards who buy the R1F and then disapear suggests that the problem isn't as wide spread as it initally appears (people with problems are likely to stick around and complain, also as Milestone has reported, not many people have complained to him about batteries). I doubt it is any pronblem with the code for the api - otherwise everyone would have that problem.

10. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

On the other hand, it looks like no one is having any problems with the removable bay additional battery, if this turns out to be the case (once these have a few month of usage), then it would point back to the battery itself fot the main one, as both (main and removable) share everything else (ACPI, power adapter..).

One could invest in a non asus brand main battery (generics seem to be out now) to test, but it is an expensive test, given that the main battery is under warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.