How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Righi, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Listen, I did not get back to you for a very simple reason. I understand your frustration and it seems that it is affecting the way you are interacting in this forum.

To get back to my main point: is there anything structurally wrong with the Asus R1F (some of the earlier models) that one can identify and request a recall? If nothing is identifiable, then ASUS will not be under pressure to issue recalls. If this board can identify a problem, then the pressure on Asus will increase.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I give up..........

3. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I think there have been adequate posts documenting the nature of the problem, but I don't think it has been adequately linked to a specific software program or hardware component. If it is just software, then presumably an update will suffice. If it is hardware, then a recall (or whatever) is in order, but I don't think anyone who has chimed in on the boards yet is technically qualified to solve the problem for Asus and empower us to demand a specific recall action.

4. leewalk

leewalk Microsoft Guy

Main + modular battery gives me almost 5hrs on Vista Ultimate x64 running in Power Saver mode w/ WiFi off and screen at 50%.

Lee

5. Horsepower

Horsepower Pen Pal - Newbie

I get up to 2.75 hours on a fresh charge with this battery. My first battery would not hold a charge, so I RMA'd it.

6. MilestonePC.com

MilestonePC.com Scribbler - Standard Member

leewalk that is excellent, that should be the right amount of battery life people should be getting with both batteries in the laptop.

Once again, for those who are experiencing this battery wear problem, if possible use a program to see how much battery wear you have, NHC, Everest or anything else. Then RMA it after a while, or once you get fed up with it :(

Also please let us know how the new battery does, it is experiencing the same problems, check the model number of the battery, compare it to the previous one. All this info will be helpfull to us and for all users.

Thanks

7. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

My laptop returns from service today. I'm expecting that the new battery may give the same problems as the old one since it hasnt' been worked out yet exactly what the problem is. If it does, I'll keep RMAing it until Asus finally figures out what they can do to fix it. Hopefullly, all of the rest of my problems will be fixed and there will be no need to RMA my whole unit again. RMAing a battery isn't a big deal.

Nevertheless, there is the possiblity that I just *might* get a good battery with this replacement. Here's hoping. But I wonder if you're right when you mentioned in the other thread that the problem might be the chip onboard the battery itself. I *think* that may have been the problem affecting some apple macbookpro batteries.

8. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys,
    Still within the first week of my new battery (3rd replacement). It was 0% wear upon rma. I ran it to 20% battery 3 times and it remained at 0%. However, just now i ran it to 0% and it stacked on 4% wear.

What's funny is, the Asus technician said "once a week you should drain the battery completely and charge it to full". Also after i said it was a global issues with lots of r1f owners experiencing the problem, he simply brushed it off and said that they haven't had complaints or rmas regarding this issue.

Well i'm going to use it as though the battery problem wasnt there and rma it again and again and again until Asus get it into their thick heads that this is not some isolated issue and must be addressed.

9. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed that over on NoteBook review that apple has been experiencing similar sort of problems with their laptops. I remember hearing somewhere that ASUS makes the apple laptops, so would the apple battery problems be the same as the ASUS battery problems?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe do a parody of the apple/pc ads with both of them running out of energy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.