How is the Lenovo Support?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by thecube, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecube

thecube Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!
    I wanna buy a X41T that has still waranty.

I only know the dell support, how is the lenovo? equal?

greets

2. alphakenny1

alphakenny1 Pen Pal - Newbie

well for me at least, just reaching a relevant CSR is a bit easier on the lenovo side than dell. I remember one time I was just trying to return a laptop to dell and literally got transferred 7-8 times before reaching the right department. Both Dell and Lenovo technical support have been good to me. But the 7-8 transfers really left a bad taste in my mouth.

3. man_unit

man_unit Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had to deal with them during troubleshooting and ultimatly returning my first X200T.

The first tier CSRs were fine but had limited knowledge about the laptop. Their help was good for basic problems or more routine issues. They are(were??) backed by a supervisor that they went to for some of their more complicated answers tat they couldn't answer/lookup. Of the multiple calls I had into tech support I was usually transferred to the next level of support if the CSR had to ask their supervisor for help more than twice.

Tier two ( Sales rep) was where I would have like to have started and it was through sales I actually got to talk to someone that actually reviewed all the complaints, and steps to correct, and ultimately decided to return.

My only bad experience was one of the sales reps didn't send an email to me with my RMA number although he INSISTED he did. It didn't jade me to Lenovo's Support. All in all they were friendly and wasn't too bad:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.