How happy are you with your X61T?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Dolvich, Jul 16, 2007.

?

How Happy are you with your X61T?

1. Extremely happy!

93 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Somewhat happy

50 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Somewhat disappointed

19 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Extremely disappointed

20 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. nightcom

nightcom Pen Pal - Newbie

Somewhat happy.

Two things only bug me;

1. Wish could have gotten an SXGA+ screen instead but here in ASIA your treated like dirt by both Lenovo and the store resellers. They only give 1 choice and 1 choice only which is a preconfigured system, the multitouch. Really wanted to move to a tablet now, Fujitsu and HP models here were no better so went with Thinkpad which is my preference and bought it from an online reseller which was at least more helpful and friendly than Lenovo and the people at the store.

2. The heat of the right palm rest; wish they tought of way to transfer the heat away properly on this iteration.

Overall I am somewhat happy. Vista is definately made for Tablet, using the Flip 3D more often in slate mode than I thought. At first thought the flip was more of a gimmick by Microsoft but found it to be very useful in slate mode. Gestures and good inking recoginition at first system use is a plus. For applications that I can only run on XP, have been running them in Virtual PC.

Inking is definately feels damm good on this machine compared to the Fujitsu and HP that I tried, hopefully won't change once getting the screen protector but I predict it will.

The screen has excellent viewing angle compared to my T41, I can watch movies at almost extreme angles both vertical and horizontal. But is it almost as good as I imagine owning an IPS screen I wonder?

Not using the touch at all like I predicted as I have yet to find a pratical use for it in my daily routine. Maybe once I place in a screen protector that will change cause then I probably wouldn't really mind smudging and abusing the screen with my fingers/finger-nails.

2. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

Big fan, worth the wait. I'm a big Vista fan, and the only minor quirk I have right now is the "Error loading operating system" problem. Everything else seems to be running smoothly! I'm glad I finally have Aero.

3. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

Extremely happy. Battery last forever. Very responsive. Very fast in terms of graphics app like CS3. The SXGA+ is superb. I love it. I have yet to try it with games. I had the bezel issue but that's been resolved. I love the look of it. I hate the hand prints I leave on the screen tough.

4. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

You probably already know this but just carry around one of those 3M microfibre clothes with you. They only cost a few dollars, you can wash them, and the prints come right off. No need to use sprays that could potentially damage the screen either.

5. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. dp22

dp22 Tablet Fan

If it weren't for the little things... it would be 5 out of 5. But it's the little things that frustrate you the most. :(

7. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

The one I have is slightly different and says "Microfiber Notebook Computer Cleaning Cloth" I got it from Compusa for 3.99. I'm sure they're probably the same, just different sizes. The one I have is 7in x 6in and amazon says that is 12in x 14in. Of course.. it also says its 3.8 lbs under product dimensions, yet the shipping weight is 1.1 oz.

This is the one I have:

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...1&D=3m+microfiber&Ntk=All&product_code=310822

It works great on my MT/MV screen. I know they put something on the SXGA+ screens but I would think the cloth would work just as well on them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

Thanks so much for the info. I was thinking of getting a screen protector cause its so hard to clean the screen . But I will surely try this microfiber cloth!

9. lepakvt

lepakvt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll have to pick up one of these cloths and stash it in my laptop bag

10. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic