How happy are you with your X61T?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Dolvich, Jul 16, 2007.

?

How Happy are you with your X61T?

1. Extremely happy!

93 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Somewhat happy

50 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Somewhat disappointed

19 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Extremely disappointed

20 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

I've noticed a lot of people having problems with their X61Ts, myself included. Some of the issues are minor, some major. I was curious how people felt about their X61Ts after having had them for a little while. Its hard to tell since people usually only post when there is something wrong. So I thought I'd make a poll about it! Please only vote if you already have owned an x61t for at least a few days and post about why you voted the way you did.

I voted somewhat disappointed. On the whole, I think the X61t is a really good machine. I'm just extremely disappointed with Lenovo customer service and the fact that they shipped the machines with the Turbo Memory conflict and it seems like they haven't fixed it properly yet.

2. Builderman

Builderman Pen Pal - Newbie

I voted for extremely happy. It took forever to get, and a while to get working properly, but I love it. Maybe I'm just used to being abused: my last few machines were Dells.

3. jasonlin

jasonlin Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd have to say somewhat happy. I love the machine and it's a joy to use. But I had to wait a month for it to ship, it makes the squeaking noises, my SXGA screen is an oil magnet, I had to do a clean install... the list goes on and on of the little inconveniences. But overall, it has been pretty positive.

4. tabletdiehard

tabletdiehard Scribbler - Standard Member

I am extremelly happy with the hardware.

Vista sucks as I expected. Now I just hope Vista SP1 beta can be released soon.

5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

Extremely happy.

Yes, I have had my fair share of problems - lock-ups due to TM and the screen benzel issue. And I also waited a day short of four weeks for it. However I really enjoy using this machine and the tablet functionality is just awesome. This is my first tablet. I love the keyboard, the gorgeous SXGA+ screen, and the solidness of the whole unit.

6. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

TM is gay and the wireless card heats up more than the cpu and the hdd combined o_O
    But I'm still extremely happy (not "perfectly" happy, obviously)

7. cosmic

cosmic Scribbler - Standard Member

lenovorocks I'd agree with you that vista sucks but no more xp update after 2009 for sucre xp or anything else for window xp by microsoft so at least you will have a operating system current for like 10 years

8. PrimitiveWall

PrimitiveWall Pen Pal - Newbie

Love the hardware, and I'm actually a (tepid) fan of Vista... not so much so with all the Lenovo software, especially the useless System Update, but hey, that's not enough to sour my elation.

So unreserved "Extremely Happy" from me. I'm glad I waited for the X61 before I went tablet.

9. jenarelJAM

jenarelJAM Scribbler - Standard Member

I went with extremely happy. I even wrote a review :p (see news).
    Sure, it crashes every once in awhile, but I'm sure that will be ironed out fairly soon (couple months maybe, but still) and I don't actually need the computer for school for around two months anyway. The delay took a long time, but it shipped very quickly once it went out. Also, I called tech support at 11:30 last night (that's 11:30 on a sunday night, ftr) about my charger squealing, and they're shipping me a new one that should be here either tomorrow or the next day. No wait for someone to pick up either... Definitely like IBM tech support.

Oh, and I'm just digging it overall. It's an awesome machine.

10. sregreb

sregreb Pen Pal - Newbie

After the initial Turbo Memory BSOD'S and such, all is perfect with my MT/MV X61T. New drivers and registry mod took care of it. The XGA resolution is just right for me, and it looks great at 1400X1050 on my external 21 inch display. Touchscreen is pretty cool too after some practice....

11. nightcom

nightcom Pen Pal - Newbie

Somewhat happy.

Two things only bug me;

1. Wish could have gotten an SXGA+ screen instead but here in ASIA your treated like dirt by both Lenovo and the store resellers. They only give 1 choice and 1 choice only which is a preconfigured system, the multitouch. Really wanted to move to a tablet now, Fujitsu and HP models here were no better so went with Thinkpad which is my preference and bought it from an online reseller which was at least more helpful and friendly than Lenovo and the people at the store.

2. The heat of the right palm rest; wish they tought of way to transfer the heat away properly on this iteration.

Overall I am somewhat happy. Vista is definately made for Tablet, using the Flip 3D more often in slate mode than I thought. At first thought the flip was more of a gimmick by Microsoft but found it to be very useful in slate mode. Gestures and good inking recoginition at first system use is a plus. For applications that I can only run on XP, have been running them in Virtual PC.

Inking is definately feels damm good on this machine compared to the Fujitsu and HP that I tried, hopefully won't change once getting the screen protector but I predict it will.

The screen has excellent viewing angle compared to my T41, I can watch movies at almost extreme angles both vertical and horizontal. But is it almost as good as I imagine owning an IPS screen I wonder?

Not using the touch at all like I predicted as I have yet to find a pratical use for it in my daily routine. Maybe once I place in a screen protector that will change cause then I probably wouldn't really mind smudging and abusing the screen with my fingers/finger-nails.

12. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

Big fan, worth the wait. I'm a big Vista fan, and the only minor quirk I have right now is the "Error loading operating system" problem. Everything else seems to be running smoothly! I'm glad I finally have Aero.

13. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

Extremely happy. Battery last forever. Very responsive. Very fast in terms of graphics app like CS3. The SXGA+ is superb. I love it. I have yet to try it with games. I had the bezel issue but that's been resolved. I love the look of it. I hate the hand prints I leave on the screen tough.

14. Dolvich

You probably already know this but just carry around one of those 3M microfibre clothes with you. They only cost a few dollars, you can wash them, and the prints come right off. No need to use sprays that could potentially damage the screen either.

15. krypticide

krypticide Scribbler - Standard Member

16. dp22

dp22 Tablet Fan

If it weren't for the little things... it would be 5 out of 5. But it's the little things that frustrate you the most. :(

17. Dolvich

The one I have is slightly different and says "Microfiber Notebook Computer Cleaning Cloth" I got it from Compusa for 3.99. I'm sure they're probably the same, just different sizes. The one I have is 7in x 6in and amazon says that is 12in x 14in. Of course.. it also says its 3.8 lbs under product dimensions, yet the shipping weight is 1.1 oz.

This is the one I have:

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...1&D=3m microfiber&Ntk=All&product_code=310822

It works great on my MT/MV screen. I know they put something on the SXGA+ screens but I would think the cloth would work just as well on them.

18. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

Thanks so much for the info. I was thinking of getting a screen protector cause its so hard to clean the screen . But I will surely try this microfiber cloth!

19. lepakvt

lepakvt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll have to pick up one of these cloths and stash it in my laptop bag

20. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic