How does NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 compare?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dpnow.com, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpnow.com

dpnow.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Until recently, all the tx models had the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 shared memory graphics processor. I know it's not the latest and greatest, but I was curious to know how it compares with some other graphics chips I can relat to. Are there any knowledgable folks who can help?

My kids' PC at home has a 2GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 - 3800+ (2x 1MB L2 cache) and a 128MB Radeo 3700 graphics card. This is about 4-5 year old technology, I'd guess?

My office desktop here has a 2.8GHz Athlon 64 X2 - 5600+ (2x 1MB L2 cache) and a 256MB ATi Radeon X1550 graphics card (PCI-Express). This is about two years old.

Will games that run happily on these work OK on my tx2130ea (2GHz Turion 64 and GeForce Go 6150 graphics).

Ian

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

It 'll work, but it might be sluggish for 3D games at times even with the lowest settings enabled on games.

A little FYI, Deus Ex (1999 game made by Eidos Interactives) runs *mostly* without lag at the highest settings possible.

3. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

try playing L4D on both those systems, if you compare it with the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, the performance on the 6150 is horrible (perhaps frames < 10 ), compared to the hd3200 that is in the tx2500 (frames ~ 30).

obviously this depends on the settings, and the settings are close to lowest on both systems (lowest on the tx1000)

so i would assume that the 6150 is worse than the graphics cards on your pcs.

4. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

6150 is barely acceptable, but will work for older games. It will play TF2 and HL2 on lower settings and using DX8 mode.... Portal with DX9 is just a bit too sluggish. As a comparison, the HD3200 will play these all mostly on High in DX9 mode just fine... it's a significant upgrade, and actually plays most new games on low/medium settings.

6150 is doable though, just don't expect to play anything of the last few years that's graphics intensive. Older stuff will be fine though. Not sure how that compares to your other two machines. My old ATI 9600 notebook is quite a bit more powerful than the 6150, and the HD3200 seems to be a bit more powerful than that if that helps at all.

What exactly are you wanting to play? I did game some on my 6150 when I had it, so might could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.