How do you determine replacement nibs for WT310/Z10t pen?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by DRTigerlilly, Mar 4, 2017.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I'm interested in locating replacement nibs for the Toshiba Digitizer Pen (EMR) for the WT310 Pen:
    PA5133U-1EUC
    I noticed that nibs from my Lenovo (X61 Tablet) Digitizer Pen and Toshiba (M200) Digitizer Pen do not fit this pen, as they are too thin.

I do believe they are the white felt tip type nibs.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

P.S. don't own a pair of calipers :)

2. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

If it's the same as the z20t pen (looks like it) then it's a really weird one that won't take normal Wacom nibs (they are too fat) either. which is a bit silly because the pen itself is fatter than most of my other Wacom pens. I did not see them selling replacement nibs on their canadian site either... I just use other Penabled pens.

3. DRTigerlilly

The model number is different between the Z20T pen, but they physically look identical and are both supposed to be EMR.

The black Wacom nibs for my M200, enter the pen, but don't lock into place, same for the orange nibs from the Lenovo x61 Tablet.

The Surface Pro pen nib is too short, but also doesn't lock into the pen.

Conversely with the Surface Pro pen, the black & orange nibs are too thick to enter the pen.

I really liked the ergonomics of the Toshiba pen, and really like the pen on screen feel, best i've experienced to date.

4. DRTigerlilly

So I have a fabulous update!

As anyone who has been on this forum long enough should know, I'm stubborn as hell.
    With no help from Wacom or Toshiba (both of whom wanted me to purchase new pens), I decided to purchase the Wacom Hard Felt nibs (now labelled as being for "Previous Generation Pens")

These nibs were almost imperceptibly thicker than the nibs that came with the pen, but with very minimal filing, fit the pen perfectly. (about two circumferential turns with a very rough nail file to the base of the nib)

They now fit into the pen and stay put, and no issues with tip alignment etc.

So I am now a very happy camper with my workaround!

Hope that helps anyone else who might be looking for a solution and doesn't want to purchase a whole new pen!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017