How do you carry your your Elitepad everywhere?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by nannlp, Jan 2, 2016.

1. nannlp

nannlp Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I have been a avid user of tablet pc and started with HP TC1100.I went through a lot of tablets and the 'UMPC's (Samsung Ultra Q1UP and the rest including the vilivs) until I gave up on them and started using the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as my sole computing device (all in one gadget), Lately the phone has slowed down and hence I decided to replace it with Samsung Note 3 after 3 years of super productivity with the note 2.
    I must say Samsung note 2 was the best and I feel note 3 is just ordinary.I recently bought the Elitepad 1000 to see if I could rekindle my love for the tablet pc and I am glad I bought it . It is an amazing machine!!

Now for someone who is in the habit of carrying his Samsung note 2 everywhere,i find it very difficult to do the same with the Elitepad.

Please advice on how you carry the tablet with you

HeavyHanded likes this.
  2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

You and I have traveled the same path since obtaining a TC1100! I deviated from where you went, however, and stuck with the TabletPC as opposed to going the phone route. Nonetheless, I now carry a Surface 3 everywhere but I carried the Elitepad 900/1000 for two years before that.

What I have is a zippered portfolio made by Foray and sold at Office Depot. I pulled the 8.5"x11" pad out of it and use it to carry my device. I just pop it in, zip it up, and go. I think it $13 a few years ago. It is still available but looks to be $42 now...wow. But, it works wonderfully!

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/173150/FORAY-Leather-Padfolio-Zipper-Closure-Black/

3. nannlp

nannlp Pen Pal - Newbie

Well Dan , I have been reading all your posts and other's on the Elitepad 1000 and has sure helped me a lot.Thank you so much.

Unfortunately the link does not seem to work (may be the product is not sold anymore)

On another note , were you carrying it with the expansion sleeve on or off ?

4. nannlp

nannlp Pen Pal - Newbie

On researching I found a very good tablet portfolio case (at least looks promising) which I just ordered on amazon.

The review for the case is here

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yup, both. I see you found a universal one on Amazon though so let us know how that works out for you!

6. nannlp

nannlp Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally received the above mentioned case.

short opinion is that it is bulky , the tablet alone fits very well in the case and though the tablet with expansion sleeve also fits very well, the portfolio itself looks very bulky when closed.

Actually can't see a scenario to lug it around and use often, may be mind will change after 30 days of use.