How do you add a widget to your android lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Google' started by kneehowguys, Oct 19, 2014.

1. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/display-your-agenda-on-android-lock-screens-with-neat-calendar/

I am trying to get this calendar on my lockscreen. The instructions say

"After installing Neat Calendar on your Android 4.2+ device, go to your lock screen and add it from the list of available lock screen widgets. "

When I am on my lockscreen, the only thing I can do is swipe to unlock. When I go to settings, lock screen, I see
    "multiple widgets" "lock screen widgets" "shortcuts" and a few other things. I don't see an option to add Neat Calendar as a widget.
    how come I can't see both pictures I attached below?

upload_2014-10-19_21-53-6.png
    upload_2014-10-19_21-53-14.png

2. Yoyobuae

Yoyobuae Pen Pal - Newbie

On the lockscreen itself I have the clock widget, if I swipe it right, then there's a widget with a + sign, tapping on that allows adding new widgets to the lockscreen.

3. vijayraj

vijayraj Pen Pal - Newbie

You’ll need to to turn on lock screen widgets, and then you can add a widget.
    Turn on lock screen widgets
    1. Open your device's Settings menu [​IMG].
    2. Under "Personal," touch Security.
    3. Under "Screen security," check the box next to "Enable widgets."
    Add widget
    1. Go to the lock screen.
    2. At the top of your screen, swipe from left to right. If the lock screen has no widgets yet, you'll see a new screen with a Plus icon [​IMG].
    3. Touch the Plus icon [​IMG]. If you’re asked, enter your pattern, PIN, or password.
    4. You’ll see a list of widgets, including widgets for apps you’ve installed.
    5. Touch the widget you’d like to add.
    You can add up to five widgets to your lock screen. To see different widgets, swipe between screens.