How do I reinstall Windows on a new hard drive?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by RoodyPooUS, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoodyPooUS

RoodyPooUS Pen Pal - Newbie

My hard drive crashed and I purchased and installed a new hard drive (Crucial M4 256gb). But seeing as how I have no backup or reinstall disks and the original hard drive is totally dead, how do I reinstall windows?

Does anyone know? Thanks!

2. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

You will have to order the reinstall media from HP, I believe it's like 10$ USD. Ask to make sure they send you media you can use. If all they have are DVD type then you need to get an external optical disc player. I'm not sure if they can supply you with a flash drive copy of it. If worse comes to worse you'll have to bring it in somewhere to have someone else do it for you, like Best Buy or a local PC shop, they should be able to do it for you. There really isn't any way to reinstall Windows without the media, and it looks like the links previously available on Notebookreview.com are gone due to DMCA notices. You'll have to search on your own.

3. A30N

A30N Technologist

A 256 GB SSD?! Niiiice! You need Windows 8 to fully unleash that beast. If you're in college, your computer lab may be able to get you a copy for free or for a greatly reduced price. If not, there are other deals on the web. If you want to stick to Windows 7, PM me and I will help you further. You will need another computer with a good internet connection and a 8GB flash drive or larger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.