How do I figure out if a model supports palm rejection before I buy it?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by red-dot, Nov 13, 2013.

1. red-dot

red-dot Pen Pal - Newbie

I was looking for some hybrid or convertible laptops and usually I cannot figure out whether the laptop supports palm rejection while the user is taking notes just from reading the spec or its review. For example, I am reading reviews of a convertible laptop with touchscreen and an active digitizer, and reviews say how it is wonderful to take notes with it but then I look for video reviews and I never see them resting their palm on screen while they are drawing or taking notes, so I end up not knowing if the laptop supports palm rejection. If the spec for a convertible laptop with touchscreen and an active digitizer doesn't mention whether it supports palm rejection, is there a way to figure that out?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

Typically any tablet that has an active digitizer has palm rejection, but you will need to train yourself to make sure the tip of the stylus touches the screen before your palm.

3. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

Make sure you try the tablet's palm rejection before you buy it. I still think palm rejection in many tablets is horrible when it comes to writing notes. I don't just mean writing a few things down. I mean writing notes fast and continuous the way you would write your notes in a class. There is always the option of turning touch off when you write notes, but that's a bit of a pain.

4. Monstertea

Monstertea Pen Pal - Newbie

I usually disable the touch when I write with the stylus. seems to work pretty well.