How do I do [blank] in Tablet mode?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by lovelaptops, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thought it would be helpful to have a thread for how to do basic functions on you are used to using a keyboard for while in tablet mode without having to switch to keyboard.

For example, some I know, some i do not:

1. How to change volume, screen brightness? Answer, pin Windows Mobility Center to taskbar. It has controls for these.

2. How to do a copy/paste or a cut/paste? Anyone have the answer?

2. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

2. You can turn on the extra flicks to copy and paste by flicking towards the top left and top right. Works for me.

3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thanks, that's great. When I tried using those extra flicks once I found it hard to get them just right. Do you get the hang of it pretty easily so you get the result you want?

Can you configure them for Esc also?

4. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

I just hold tap for right-click menu and use copy and paste from there.

5. tscottmommy

tscottmommy Scribbler - Standard Member

Check out Touch-It virtual Keyboard. The 15 day trial is free. The product is $20. I'm currently testing it and so far am loving it. Trying to figure out how to resize the two-thumbs corner-arced layout because I have small hands. It has all sorts of extended functions and can allow you full keyboard control and you can use it with your favorite hot keys as far as I know. As I get used to it, I think efficiency will go way up all the way around when combined with judicious use of the TIP.

Copy and paste: I have mine set to press then tap...pulls up the context menu. I have read of others using software solutions to add to their context menus as well. I am still trying to get used to flicks. I always forget to use them!

I am looking at getting a different pen so that I can have at least two buttons, if not more. They are usually programmable.

6. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

I had difficulty at first, but I adjusted the touch sensitivity all the way to relaxed and that's perfect for my big hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.