How did you RMA your Vivotab Note 8?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Azule, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Azule

Azule Pen Pal - Newbie

I know I'm not alone in this, so for those of you who have been through this, please help me out.

I have already called Asus and received my RMA #. I have read through my RMA packet they sent me and that's where my confusion lies.

Asus requests "Please remove any operating system passwords to prevent delays in repair." Sooooo....how did you do that? Did you restore the system to factory settings and ship it to them without the OS initialized? Is there a way to remove the user password from Windows 8.1(1)? Or did you just ship it to them the way it was and give them your user password (another option they offer)? I don't want to send them my MS password!

Thanks in advance for your help, (especially if this is a lame question!!)

2. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

There is never a need to have them access your personal account. The only reason you'd keep your personal information on your device is to avoid setting it up again, but since you can't count on repairs to not wipe your drive, I would not recommend depending on it. Just reset it to factory state and send it in, that's what I did as well. Optionally, you could also setup a new local user account without password and no personal information.

Azule likes this.
  3. Azule

Azule Pen Pal - Newbie

That's what was thinking. Thanks for the reply. Sent it off this morning. Crossing my fingers that it comes back quickly and, more importantly, working!