How can I get the best Acer concept d 9 Pro EMR pen with two buttons, tail eraser and magnetic adsor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by starllcraft, Jun 17, 2020.

1. starllcraft

starllcraft Pen Pal - Newbie

This should be the best EMR pen at present,The newly released Acer conceptd 9 Pro has the double button + tail eraser function that wacom pen Pro 2 only has.
    Is the relationship between Acer and wacom so good?
    Most of the EMR pen is single button pen. The double button pen only has the old Fujitsu pen And Dell canvas 27 pen, and the old EMR pen only has the pressure sensing level of 1024-2048. I want to buy one to use on zbook x2 and Dell canvas 27, which is perfect, Acer concept d 9 Pro is very expensive. I just need its EMR pen.
    but I searched the whole Internet and found no independent sales.Zbook x2 pen can be purchased everywhere, and Acer's accessories are hard to buy.
    Thank you very much. Can someone help me?
    I am from China, and Acer Concept D-9 Pro was not sale in China

QQ图片20200512161818.jpg

2. starllcraft

I'm not sure if the eraser function is supported, but I can see from the video that the oval part at the end of the eraser is very similar to the zbook x2 pen eraser. I also know that the level of pressure sensing is not so important, but Acer concept d 9 pen is the latest top-level device released, which will improve in any way.

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That's a tough one!

I went through the Acer web site and couldn't find any way to order replacement parts, let alone that specific pen.

I would imagine that if you had the Conceptd 9 Pro, and lost the stylus, you could contact Acer through their warranty repair service. That's probably how you're expected to do it. You might try that approach. It looks like a long road, though.

Just out of curiosity.., have you tried one of the old Penabled styluses on your Dell Canvas? (I've been using one for a year now, and it's a pretty good solution. -Single button, however, but it does have an eraser.)

If you don't know about that old product series, here's an example:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-REPLACE-1...704682?hash=item1a96982b6a:g:~n4AAOSwuHdcd~cJ

There are thousands of them floating around on eBay and they all work on the Dell Canvas.

WillAdams likes this.
  4. starllcraft

Thank you very much for your recommendation. Before I buy Acer concept d 9 Pro EMR pen, I will try the enabled stylus. It's only $5.50 in Taobao in China, which is extremely cheap.
    Maybe I should look for clues by looking for agents or factories. Maybe this machine is made and assembled from China.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2020
    thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

Actually, your question got me thinking and searching again, and I found myself ordering one of these...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toshiba-Digitizer-Pen-Stylus-w-Eraser-for-Portege-Z10t-Z15t-Laptop-PA5133U/224004026882?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

-Most of the old Penabled styluses maxed out at 256 levels of pressure, but the above apparently does 1024. Cool. I look forward to trying it. (Though, to be honest, I can't remember now if the number of pressure levels is a function of the pen or the screen-side electronics...)

In any case, I have several different pens from the same era, when Wacom was selling parts to lots of different OEMs after Bill Gates first launched the old Windows Tablet PC concept back in the early 2000's. I was happy to discover that they each have noticeably different response profiles when drawing with them, depending on the manufacturer. I have an HP pen, for instance, (it came with an old Elitebook 2760p) and it's quite soft, leaving a darker stroke, (I'd liken it to using an HB pencil), and I have a couple of Toshiba pens from my old Tecra M4 and Portege M200, and they're more like 2H pencils. -And that's using the exact same settings in ClipStudio Paint, mind you.

Now, of course, I could always change the brush stroke characteristics in the program, but it's way cooler, faster (and costs very little), to have a jar of different pens beside my drafting board, just like in the old analog days when I really would have a bunch of different kinds of pens and pencils within reach.

It's also cool because, with them so cheap, I didn't feel bad about pulling the electronics responsible for the eraser portion out from my Toshiba pen, replacing it with a tight-fitting rare earth magnet, and then putting the end cap back on. Now I can use the genius little magnetic pen storage point on the side of the Canvas. -One of the several cool features Dell provides which makes the Canvas a product of superior quality. (If it weren't for a certain driver bug... But that's another story.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    DRTigerlilly and Marty like this.
  6. starllcraft

The screen is full of pens. It's cool,
    I removed Dell canvas. The LCD panel model is LG lm270wr6 Spa1. The LCD data I checked is 3840x2160 UHD resolution, but Dell canvas only has 2560x1440 QHD resolution. Why?

Attached Files:

Marty likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

Wow! You're more brave than I am; I've not taken apart my Dell Canvas (yet). With cheaper, used gear, I'll dive right in, but when I buy pricey new stuff, I'm a lot more cautious about pulling things apart to see what makes them go.

Hey! Next time you've got it taken apart, can you take a couple of high res photos of the interior? That'd be awesome!

Anyway.., as per the resolution question... The LCD data sheet you linked to isn't quite the same model number. The label on the screen has the letter 'Q' in its part number, which I'd guess indicates that it is QHD:

"1440p = 2560 x 1440 - is commonly known as QHD or Quad HD resolution, and it is typically seen on gaming monitors and on high-end smartphones. 1440p is four times the resolution of 720p HD or "HD ready." To make things even more confusing, many premium smartphones feature a so-called 2960x1440 Quad HD+ resolution, which still fits into 1440p." -link

8. starllcraft

Maybe my LCD model is wrong, but now I have a question for you. When the old 1024 pressure EMR pen is used on canvas 27 and other new devices, it will produce a right deviation. It is useless to use canvas pen for proofreading. Is there any solution? I really like this EMR pen. It has the function of double buttons + eraser. I also found that it also supports tilt sensing. As long as you add the grip of the pen case, it's OK.
    Thank you for your recommendation!

Attached Files:

9. starllcraft

10. thatcomicsguy

I've never used Fujitsu gear, but it looks like it's using a different standard. I get the same thing with the pen I use on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro when I try to use it on my Dell. It works great on my Samsung, but it's offset by about 4 mm on the Canvas.

I hope the one I just ordered doesn't have the same trouble for me. (Well.., if it doesn't work on my Dell, I can use it on my Samsung, I guess.)

For you, I know for sure that this kind works on the Dell (it's what I'm using on it right now):

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ORIGINAL-Ge...034863&hash=item4b6495fa7d:g:~qEAAOSwoA1bVtgL