How can i erase with the Pen?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bowlrider, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

Today my new Tc4200 arrived. It seems to be exactly that thin what i have expected :) But one problem is going on. I can not erase anything with the Pen. The Description says you have to use the reverse side from the pen, but when i do this the pen writes again? Can anyone describe me how to erase with the pen?

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Pen Pal - Newbie

I know now what the problem is. In Windows "Journal" the eraser works perfektly. But in the entry filed in the internetexplorer it works not. Ok no problem...

3. bowlrider

bowlrider Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a similar question??

I noticed that the eraser end of the pen is kinda spring loaded like a regular pen.

I might assume this spring loaded end offers some type of option??

but havn't had the time to look into it yet.

does anyone know??

maybe a middle mouse button?

4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

bowlrider, I am not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know if the pen buttons are programmable?

5. bowlrider

barry, I was just curious on if anyone knows why the eraser end of the tc4200 pen is spring loaded It almost seems like it could be used as another button, but I havnt found any documentation on this

6. Ria

Ria Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tc4200 as well, and from my experience, the eraser is springloaded because if you don't actually push down, it won't erase. I just tested it in onenote. If I flip my pen upside down, the eraser icon replaces the arrow, but if I don't apply pressure it won't erase anything. Hope that helped :). Oh and with some programs, the eraser end doesn't work, and acts just like the pen side. The eraser function should work in all windows/office programs though.
    Ria

7. Daring

Daring Moderator

I think what you're asking is can I reprogram the eraser to be a some other function like I can with some 3 button mice. The short answer is not that I am aware of. The long answer is possibly. If it were able to be reprogrammable, that would be a function of the Wacom driver, which at present does not support such functionality.

8. bowlrider

ria...

thanks for the info

now i know and it did the same for me in onenote

i figured there had to be a reason for the spring loaded eraser :)