How can I attach a mouse to my little ASUS Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by michaelws, Apr 20, 2016.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

All it has is the mini usb. Is there a type of mini usb cable that connects to a port or hub with multiple normal USB slots? I know I could use a wireless...but sometimes those don't work properly with some programs I use so I am comfortable and actually prefer wired connections.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You have to buy a usb otg cable.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I use a small Bluetooth mouse and it has never failed, I also use a Bluetooth keyboard without problems.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. michaelws

Thanks guys. I have an otc cable. I as looking for one that would have more than a single USB. Would like to attach a keyboard and a mouse...and a flash drive at times.

I had a bluetooth, a couple of them, one that did not even require the dongle but they had a lapse of a couple of seconds to respond and the dongle-less one had a quirk in it that would cause my 3D program to do something wierd...as though it sent a click-like signal even though I never depressed any buttons on the mouse. I cannot remember exactly what it did, but it made working in that 3D program impossible. I also cannot remember if it was Blender 3D or Zbrush.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

5. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've seen OTG cables for sale that have multiple ports (usually between 2 to 4). I haven't tried one myself, but I'm assuming it will work as long as the devices don't need a lot of power like a HDD.

6. michaelws

Yes...I just found this little one this morning on Amazon. I might give it a try even though it is only USB 2. But it looks like a swiss army knife of otg's. Thanks nyb72