How Asus could sell me an upgrade to the Vivotab Note 8.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by yuki, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

The one thing I don't need on the OT's list is the full HD screen. I find full HD on a 10" already annoying, let alone on a 8". And going from a 16:10 to a 16:9 resolution, even if you increase the PPI, is a major drawback for me.

As a matter of fact, this device is about as perfect for me, stat wise, as I could wish. More internal memory and a larger (and faster) "harddisc" would be nice, but not mandatory. The extra slots I don't need, maybe an extra USB port so you can charge and use an USB device at the same time. And a better build quality (so the pen doesn't need a rub every so often...)

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, until scaling works well on the Desktop I'd prefer the lower resolution. The main problem is old code written before the time of widely varying PPIs. Unless MS finds a good way to "hack" that code to make it scale well, I'd prefer the lower resolution and a slightly grainy image that comes with it.

I also agree that the Asus is nearly perfect for my needs as is. They could shave a little weight and bulk (smaller bezel, thinner), and it could have a better eMMC (or preferably SSD), but, really, it already hits all the important points I need as is.

3. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting you should say that. I noticed that Lenovo no longer has the TPT8 on their site, and I have seen a Lenovo rep acknowledge that the lack of pen input in the Thinkpad 8 was a disappointment to many customers. I would almost expect to see Lenovo do some kind of tpt8 refresh, likely with some kind of pen input.
    Also, as I consider what I might pick up, the Yoga 2 8 with any pen is very much on the table. For an artist I think it would not be an option. But I would want the pen input for precision control of desktop apps first and for note taking second, and the anypen tech looks more than serviceable to me. It will be a while before I spring for anything, tho.