How are you using EverNote/OneNote? Are you?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by MRL, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

All you EverNote/OneNote users out there... how are you using EverNote/OneNote?
    Please post your experiences (good/bad/ugly) with EverNote/OneNote. If you are not currently using EverNote/OneNote, what other software (if any) are you using for notes/organization? If you are so organized that you can keep track of everything in your head (and can instantly retrieve all pertinent content as the situations arise), please do a memory scan and submit your brain image as a JPG file for the rest of us poor souls to analyze. Thanks.

2. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which one is better? I use onenote and have never heard of evernote. I use onenote for school though. It is convenient.

3. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

Check out www.evernote.com
    EverNote and OneNote have two different philosophies as to structure of the internal database.
    There is a free version of EverNote. Might be worth downloading to take a look.
    My initial impression - OneNote requires you to be somewhat organized up front whereas EverNote is like one long note sheet. What is missing from EverNote is the ability to mix ink and text in the same note and to ink over text. For some, this is a deal breaker as far as EverNote is concerned. EverNote does make it easier to just drop notes into the database and worry about categorizing them later.

4. davidJlin

davidJlin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

Well, I just got my OneNote from Amazon ok, but I'm still waiting for my Acer C314 to try it on. Hopefully in another week, it will arrive, and I'll get to join in the OneNote conversation. EverNote looks very interesting, too, and I'm eager to give it a shot, too.

Can one use both organizers together at the same time? Does using one mess up the indexing of the other, or are they completely independent and able to peacefully coexist?

David

5. poetdante

I thought OneNote came with every tablet? I got OneNote preinstalled on my Toshiba R15 anyway.

6. davidJlin

davidJlin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm - lucky you!! I think the ThinkPad X41 also comes bundled with it. But not the Acer C314. Well, that's ok, because with the current $50 rebate and $30 new-credit-card-discount from Amazon, I essentially got my copy of OneNote for 37 cents (the cost of the stamp to send in for the rebate.) :)

7. poetdante

lol. Nice

8. MRL

MRL Forum Moderator

I am using OneNote and EverNote Plus on my C314.
    Definitely download the free version of EverNote even if you get OneNote. I am finding two very different approaches to note organization (see my comment in sub-forum on Note Takers).
    OneNote allows ink and text to be mixed in a single note and allows ink over text. EverNote does not. But EverNote seems to be much easier as far as cross categorizing notes. Also, EverNote is proving much faster at searching for text within notes.
    Two very different personalities.
    If only EverNote had ink/text and ink over text...
    Note - EverNote does allow you to select an area in an ink note and convert it to text - the text appears at the bottom of the ink note. EverNote will search ink when searching for text.
    If only EverNote had ink/text and ink over text...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.