1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

High resolution tablets?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by bloodycape, Sep 14, 2012.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is more of a general question than necessarily what to buy. Besides the newer tablet that are out now or coming out, what are some other high res tablet(similar to 1440x900 or higher) with a digitizer? Been thinking maybe I should just go with a tablet that is at the very least C2D, with a decent resolution as I know the cpu will fit my needs and so will the res. Either wise it seems like for my budget I will be looking at W8 tablet that are Atom based, and so far none of those will have better than a 720 res, and the cpu still the wild card. Thanks.
  2. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

Toshiba Portege' M400, Lenovo ThinkPad X61T, Motion LE1700 all had C2D Tablets that had an option for 1400x1050, this was actually the best resolution for a 4x3 Tablet (many would say any tablet). Toshiba's Tecra M7 and R25 had the 1440x900 and I believe some Fujitsu Tablets had 1440x900 as well....

Many of the Windows 8 Tablets and Hybrids that are coming at the end of October through January are sporting 1080p Resolution...
  3. bloodycape

I know that, which its why I said beside the upcoming models .
    As for models mentioned are they ulv or lv c2d CPU? What about gpu, I prefer no less than the 4500 as that seemed to be the min c2d to support all HD content without having a struggle playing them. I take these devices can take advantage of W8 side by side app features because of the higher red? I also take no i core variants of these models? Thanks.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Any device with at least 1366x768 resolution can display side-by-side apps on the Start Screen. And you can do whatever you want with traditional desktop programs.

There ARE Windows 8 tablets coming out with core-i processors. The best fit for you from what you've said sounds like the Sony Duo 11, an 11.6" 1080p slider tablet sporting an Ivy Bridge CPU (and thus HD4000 graphics). I think it's a ULV i5.
  5. bloodycape

The Vaio 11 would be prefect, but my budget is closer to the Atom with digitzer range, hence why I made this thread.
  6. bloodycape

Look like Fujitsu offers a optional T4220 1440x900 display, but battery life maybe an issue since it's running the full voltage C2D cpu. I think the gpu is the 4500, but I'm not sure. Not sure if any other Fujitsu models(possibly newer) offer a similar res or higher, beside the T902.