Hibernation- Possible on the Note 8?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Yoyo, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Yoyo

Yoyo Scribbler - Standard Member

2. merci

merci Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't find the option to enable hibernate in the start menu but I made a shortcut on my desktop with target:
    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate

3. Caldeio

Caldeio Pen Pal - Newbie

Why would you want to hibernate or sleep mode?

I leave my desktop on 24/7. So I have no experience with that kind of thing.

If someone could possible do this, and remapped it to say...idk the windows metro button (the button with just 1 one the side). Would that be nice?

Or just display off with a widget and/or metro button and windows key display on/off? I guess you could even do; display ON only if it's turned off, and then metro button operates normal when it's ON, only with a bit more work to do it. If it's possible of course.

4. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

I like the shortcut on the desktop but to get it to work you may need a Registry change to enable it. I think it was my HP Stream 7 that needed it and not my Note 8 - but I can't remember.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    and there is a key/value pair named HibernateEnabled...set that value to 1

I also managed to get the Hibernate option in the shut down menu.

As I have Windows 8.1 Pro on my note 8 I could use Group Policies to enable it. Run the GPEdit.msc tool to change the Computer configuration policy. You must navigate to:
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer option and then enable "Show hibernate in the power options menu".

If you don't have Pro, and hence a group Policy Editor, then the equivalent Registry change might do it.
    In the Registry Editor window navigate to the following registry key :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
    If the subkey Explorer does not exist, then right-click on Microsoft and choose New Key. Then type Explorer as the name of the new key and press Enter.
    Select the Explorer, then on the right-side panel right-click and select New DWORD value and create a value named ShowHibernateOption.
    Double-click on the newly created DWORD value and set its value to 1.
    If you have 64-bit Windows 8, then repeat for the following registry key as well :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows