Hi-Res Tablet PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neverwinter, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi. I want to buy a Tablet PC for the very first time, and there are a lot of good ones out there. But I want one that has a high resolution. Higher than 1024 x 768. Which ones out there have a higher resolution? Here are the ones I know so far: Tecra M4, M400, and M200/205.

2. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

To be honest Neverwinter, there aren't too many higher resolution tablets, simply because they're made to be a lot smaller than a normal laptop and they should (in theory) have to have a more precise digitizer when you ramp the resolution up a lot higher. Plus, I think you'll find that 1024x768 isn't all that bad. But, I'm a resolution hog myself (my desktop runs at 1680x1024), so I understand where you're coming from. The m400 has a nice size with a better resolution, but the resolution king at the moment is the Gateway CX200 series, simply because they have a bigger machine.

Something that made me feel better though, is to watch an "inkshow" at www.gottabemobile.com. See the resolution he's running at (for most of the shows)? That's 1024x768. You can fit a lot more on screen than you believe.

3. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know that toshiba had somethig new about hd laptops

4. Neverwinter

Thanks a lot. I will check it out.

5. Neverwinter

The Gateway one is the hi-resolution king? What's the highest resolution for it? I could only find it in 1280 x 768...

6. Neverwinter

And is there a reason I shouldn't get a refurbished Tablet PC? eBay has got some really good prices on refurbished ones...

7. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

gateway is not any king, except maybe in weight! if you want the best screen go with toshiba m4

8. Neverwinter

or the m200... lol yea, I noticed the weight issue on all their Tablet PC models. Thanks.