Here is a Twist - using Word instead of OneNote for notes?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by dceggert, Jul 1, 2019.

1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

When I first watched this I thought 'no way, I tried that and it ain't good.' But...it appears that Word has been developing itself while OneNote for the desktop has been rather stagnant.

Is this the reason why the desktop version is stalled? Has the Word team been busy adding features to take over that future implementation space (desktop) while the OneNote team has been concentrating on the app? A line of demarcation forming?

This channel has a host of interesting tips for most of the Office Programs. As explained in this and some of her videos she is a heavy OneNote user but she did not like the lack of pagination and other limitations. I am trying to keep an open mind and tried it. It does work but my system is now based on the 'notebook' method after so many years of using OneNote and not the 'file' method like it would need to be with Word. Being able to embed full functioning Excel spreadsheets instead of cheesy tables is enticing though....

Marty likes this.
  2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I've seen her chanel before, the content is well done, but it seems particularly tedious to me.

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I know what you mean. I struggled for a while trying to think why she needs to take such highly detailed technical notes and then share them with so many people. Almost never are my notes shared; my notes are thoughts, plans, explorations, and outlines for my various endeavors.

I figure she is either a graduate student teacher, a college professor, or in some other occupation where 'reports' are a necessary output of daily life.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

She is medical school I think if memory serves correctly.. and its really not that serious...
    But she is painfully meticulous about her notes

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk