Help: X230t " A supported tablet not found on the system" problem

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by lifespill, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifespill

lifespill Pen Pal - Newbie

Greetings,

My system is i7 Multitouch X230t. It was working fine from last 2 months till today when while turning my screen from laptop to Tablet configuration the touch and pen function suddenly disappeared.

When trying to access the Pen and Tablet setting it gives an error " A supported tablet not found on the system".
    Also at the same time i noted that in my device manager a USB device is now labeled as Unknown device.

I searched the net and tried everything.

Restarting. - No effect
    Uninstalling the unknown USB device and restarting - No effect
    Updating all lenovo drivers from the lenovo Site - No effect

System Recovery to an earlier Date (15 days) - No effect

When i Tried to update Lenovo Multitouch/pen driver from lenovo site it give error " A supported tablet not found on the system" and aborts installing the driver.

I uninstalled the wacom driver ISDdrivers.exe from windows Uninstall utility and again tried to install Multitouch and pen drivers but again it says " A supported tablet not found on the system".

Someone please help. I am afraid it might be a hardware issue as the problem started when i turned the screen from laptop to tablet mode.

Currently My X230t is just a Laptop and NOT a TABLET as there is NO touch and NO pen input, as if windows doesn't even recognize any tablet hardware on board.

PLEASE HELP.

Thankyou

2. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

If there are no visible damage to the screen, it sounds like the internal usb connection was loosened or damaged. The cable connects both inside the screen and the motherboard. The screen one is more difficult to get to, but the motherboard one can be checked more easily. I would suggest removing the keyboard and checking that the ribbon cable is seated. If you don't wish to do this (they may ask you to do it before sending it it in, removing the keyboard doesn't violate any warranty, in fact it's a part of normal maintenance to dust out the fan.)

Here's the hardware manual: http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/0b48730.pdf

The connectors are on page 83. You should be able to visually check them with the keyboard off, though you may have to remove the palm rest as well to get your fingers inside to re-seat them. If you decide to open the unit up, mark each screw with a post-it or tape where you removed it from, as they are not all exactly the same.

If this doesn't fix it, then this should be covered by warranty and you should call Lenovo's support. Make a full external backup and remove your hard drive before sending it to them.