Help with TX2000 and Windows 7 Install

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by gottspd, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

could be that your hardware is damaged.

I don't see why it would work during calibration and then screw up afterward.

to my knowledge the tx2000 and the hastily made tx2500 used the same wacom, so why it would work for me and not you is beyond me.

I can assure you though it's not win 7 in itself,
    -Tyler

2. Subliminal

Subliminal Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this mean that my digitizer may be damaged? Is it possible for you to tell me the drivers you use as your laptop works fine with finger input. I keep on reinstalling Win 7 32 bit and the Microsoft touch driver worked once then failed the other numerous times and this is without installing wacom drivers. Looks like I may have to ebay this if not. Thanks.

3. Tiezep

the digitizer would be fine, but the passive touch would be damaged.

the drivers I use are the built in win7 drivers and I just ignore the drivers that win7 update wants me to install.

try a clean install of win 7 and use it without installing any drivers off win update or hp's site and tell me how it works.

don't calibrate either, just try clicking some icons and see if they open and try ms paint with your finger.

if you can remotely make a good stick figure then the hardware generally works, probably not in full working order though,
    -Tyler

4. Subliminal

Do you use x64 or x86? Would that make a difference at all? Going to follow your instructions and report back soon. Thanks.

5. Tiezep

I use 64 bit win 7 professional.

it's all that and a bag of chips :cool:
    -Tyler

6. Darkfrost

Darkfrost Pen Pal - Newbie

Win7 Ultimate, x64 here. Using the drivers from windows update / hp's site, and working fine.

Both touchscreens worked lovely, until I dropped it and the touch one smashed, atleast ;D

7. Subliminal

I've tried Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and the problem is still the same. The touch is erratic and opens my start menu randomly. It basically just sits on the windows icon and only moves a few centimeters up and right whenever I touch anywhere on the screen. This tablet is giving me a headache.

8. Tiezep

if that's the case then you have to have hp fix it, or you can replace the screen yourself.

it definitely does sound like a hardware error

9. Subliminal

Also it seems that the left hinge is loose on the swivel. Could that have an effect? How much would replacing a screen typically cost or a straight up a repair? Thanks again.

10. Tiezep

having hp fix it will cost you an arm or a leg.

however changing out the screen with the full assembly will cost around... $220-$300!? o_O

huh... you might be better off buying a broken tx2000 or 2500 and taking the screen off of that one and using it to replace your own.

but you'll more then likely need to bid on a complete unit, so best of luck to you...

that or sell it and buy another laptop...
    -Tyler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.