Help with TX2000 and Windows 7 Install

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by gottspd, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottspd

gottspd Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys and gals.

I have a TX2000 and I installed the 32 bit version of Win 7 Home Premium and the install went fairly smoothly. All is well, except that when I touch the screen with my finger, it doesn't seem to work well. I tried to calibrate, but when the screen comes up, it doesn't recognize my press on the cross mark on the upper left corner. Some aspects of the touch seem okay, but it seems like things would be better if I was able to calibrate...

The pen is fine.

Any thoughts?

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

try using a mechanical pencil with no graphite in it.

it's precise when calibrating also it won't leave a mark on the screen.

using one always gives me the most accurate touch results

3. Stan18

Stan18 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can I ask, where did you get the touch screen drivers? I had windows update install mine (it installed ISD-V4 or something) and the touch is extremely out of sync, and there are no options to calibrate, as there is no program to calibrate at all. Can you tell me what you did?

Thanks

4. Stan18

Stan18 Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, I found it by searching with the start menu. Phew. Installation: done

5. gottspd

gottspd Pen Pal - Newbie

cool!! nicely done.

6. Subliminal

Subliminal Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the exact same problem as you dude. The touch input seems to work but it's so inaccurate if I touch one place it either doesn't work or it sends the corresponding touch to another part of the screen. Calibrating doesn't work because the touch is so inaccurate in the first place so it doesn't recognize my press on the cross mark aswell. I've been trying to find a fix for ages but I gave up and disabled the touch input. My pen also works perfectly and i installed the wacom drivers through windows update. Any Help?!

7. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

I had the same problem with the win7 rc.

I went to calibrate it because it was slightly off and I was lightly pushed during the last calibration point, hit the other end of the screen and accidentally saved it.

it couldn't be fixed to my knowledge so a windows re-install fixed it.

not the solution your looking for but that's how I experienced and fixed it.
    -Tyler

8. Subliminal

Thanks for your reply. Your'e lucky, I can't even calibrate it because it's so inaccurate.
    I have the feeling that HP hasn't put out proper support for Win 7 with it's touch input. Going to create a partition and install vista and see what happens. I'll post back soon.

9. Darkfrost

Darkfrost Pen Pal - Newbie

Both the Touch and Pen touch, calibrated fine for me. Couple of pixels out in a few places, but that's all. Using Win7 x64, with TX2000.

Not sure what's wrong for you, have you tried erasing the calibration data and calibrating it again?

10. Subliminal

Somehow after I backed up everything and reinstalled Win 7 (vista was no success) the touch started working and I managed to calibrate but then it when one of those silly windows came up (do you want xyz program to make changes to your computer) the cursor went to the bottom left on the start icon and wouldn't move unless I used the pen to bring the cursor back. This also made the touch ineffective and inaccurate again that it wasn't able to calibrate again. I'm sure this is a clash between win 7 and the Digitizer. Also it seemed to work without the wacom pen and touch driver which I chose not to install with windows update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.