HELP REQUESTED: T730 install discs...

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Shogmaster, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I totally gave up trying a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate on my newly acquired T730. The drivers situation IS A MESS! And their tech support was useless. I think I should just put the official disc image back on. Of course I wiped it from the HDD...

So I'm wondering if any of you fine gents or ladies would hook a brother up with some install DVDs to solve my dilemma? I will try to compensate with some modest Paypal transaction for your troubles.

If you happen to be living in LA area, even better. I can compensate you with some cash or fine meal or some such.

Mucho thanks in advance.

2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Good luck for your request!

If no one can provide you one, I would if I had something for the T730, I can offer you some help with getting the driver mess working with a clean install :)

3. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I have none because I do clean installs on all my 730s :)

Drivers are cake, just load the intel wireless driver (from intel's site), then use the fujitsu driver update tool.

4. Shogmaster

Where does one get the Fujitsu driver update tool? I couldn't find it. If it's on some disc, I'm hosed. This T730 came with just a AC adapter...

I might need your help soon. Event log keeps referring to an optical bay driver that keep hanging up the boot process, but I tried every damn driver on their website! Crikey...

5. mmccord

6. Shogmaster

Cool! I will give this a go when I get home.

Thanks!

7. Shogmaster

That worked like a charm! Why don't they have that easily accessible? I would have never found it crawling around that stupid US Fujitsu site.

Thanks dude. +1 rep.

8. mmccord

Glad I could help. Come to think of it, if anyone needs an install image for a 730 or 731, I can get them. I replace the hard drives with SSDs on all the new units I get, and the original drives get thrown in a box... Would just need to grab one out of the box, lol

9. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a damn good point!
    I thought you tried this among the first steps because it was always so prominently advertised on the German site and it really just works in most cases. Then I tried to find it on the US site without looking at the link before and did not find it within 3 minutes. And then I saw they remade the German site to match the US one...

I'll definitely keep in mind that this tool is not well advertised and point people with driver problems to that first.

10. Shogmaster

Thank goodness for those organized Germans!

Yeah dude, that made all the difference in the world. Everyone that buys a Fujitsu Tablet PC should be made aware of that awesome tool.