*Help Request* T5010 full functionality in Photoshop CS3

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brett Barkley, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brett Barkley

Brett Barkley Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a T5010 for digital art/painting, as I needed something more portable. So far, I've been fairly pleased with the T5010. However, many of my Photoshop custom brushes are not functioning properly. I did some digging in Brush Settings, and discovered an exclamation mark by any of the settings currently set to Pen Tilt, Stylus Wheel and Rotation, suggesting it's not supported. Considering I was using an ancient Wacom Intuos 1 pad to create these brushes, I find it hard to believe the technology on this machine wouldn't at lease match that standard.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this. I'm not yet as comfortable with this machine as I'd like to be, so if I'm missing something, I'd really, really like to know.

Thanks so much,

-B

Currently running (an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, which I may change back to the factory Windows 7 Pro 32 bit).

2. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

3. Brett Barkley

Adam,

Thank you SO much for your time and response. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the exclamation mark on the Photoshop features I listed above. I actually thought it worked for a bit (no exclamation mark), but now it's back to where it was. Any thoughts? Again, thanks so much for your time.

-B

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, a tablet PC pen has no tilt sensor, rotation nor a stylus wheel.
    It's 'only' pressure sensitive.

So only pressure sensitivity will work in Photoshop. If this works already then you have everything possible enabled.

5. Brett Barkley

Hi Frank, and thanks for the response.

So then is it possible, based on what I'm understanding about the tablet's stylus, to use the Wacom Intuos 1 stylus? If so, how? I've tested it, and it doesn't currently work on the tablet.

Thanks very much,

-B

6. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Read the Alternative Pens section.

The pen won't work and the Wacom tablet PC hardware/drivers also does not support this. It only supports the mentioned pens and also does not support tilt, scroll wheel or other advanced features.

It's 'only' pressure sensitive with 256 pressure levels. If you have this in PS, if the pen is pressure sensitive in PS, then everything works.
    More isn't supported/enabled by Wacom.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Nope, unfortunately not. Tilt/angle etc simply aren't supported.

[Frank's beaten me to it!]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.