Help on a possible tm2 purchase from BestBuy!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by dantedrac, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dantedrac

dantedrac Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I was wondering if the tm2 from bestbuy would be able to accept an aftermarket ATI gpu.......Reason being is I have a massive store credit to use and buying from HP is not an option. I would only consider buying this laptop if I could add the ATI gpu into the stock one from bby. Thanks!
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=9052345950036879887&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=9743672+&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that you have to buy the machine from HP with the 4550 simply because they are built to order and HP isn't/can't put the 4550 in an already built unit.

Save that BB credit for an HP Slate!

3. dantedrac

dantedrac Pen Pal - Newbie

Hrm is there anyone that has the ATI configuration in hand? Can you check and see if the ATI gpu is soldered on or if it is plugged into a MXM or PCIE slot?

4. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

I personally doubt that anyone is going to void their warranty to check this, but I could be wrong.

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Even it is socketed and assuming you'd install it yourself you'd be voiding your own warranty.

You can get up to $500 dollars off with the coupon code floating around. You're not going to get that at Best Buy.