Help! No Pen Pressure on Vaio Z Canvas :(

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Hazyeve, Apr 6, 2016.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds familiar. The Driver installer places a WinTab.dll in the System32 or System folder (for 64-bit version). On 32-bit software like SAI, the 32-bit DLL must be present even if the OS is 64-bit. I don't think it's a problem if both versions are installed, but the installers might overwrite one another. If that's the case, you can just extract the DLL and drag it to the appropriate folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. melusine

melusine Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the wintab/surface tip....worked like a charm

surfaceproartist likes this.
  3. Christo

Christo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello. 2017 and I got the same problem. Pen sensitivity stopped working and there's no solution online. I tried what you guys suggested but it didn't work. Any other thoughts?

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What software are you using? Did you already try uninstalling and reinstalling the Wintab drivers? Switching between Wintab and Windows Ink?

Christo likes this.
  5. smallmachine

smallmachine Pen Pal - Newbie

Steve and Surfaceproartist,

I made an account to resurrect this thread to thank you for posting the WinTab driver link! This has enabled Krita to read pen pressure on my Vaio Z Canvas, even though other software like Photoshop and Sketchbook Pro both had no problem with the default pen drivers.

I just wanted to add that the Windows driver download link posted earlier in this thread presents the option to download 15 different driver files. The one that solved my issue was the very last option, titled "Wintab_x64_1.0.0.20.zip". Making an educated guess based on the names, this is just the stripped down driver without any tailoring for the specific Surface machines listed in the titles of the other options.

For all the money this computer cost, it sure is hard to come by good advice or forum support, so thank you again!

Cheers

6. Mustapha Bulama

Mustapha Bulama Pen Pal - Newbie

I got this solution and it works:

1.Open command Prompt in start menu

2.Paste this - reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    3.Press enter
    4.Done (basically this will disable pen features that were set in Windows Fall Update ,which causes the whole issue in the first place.

Attached Files: