HELP :( My pen thinks its my finger!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by FC1032, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FC1032

FC1032 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello!

First off, I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but I found it to be the closest. Mods, feel free to move it.

A few days ago, my tablet pc (toshiba m750) had a windows update. After updating, the touch and pen seem to have flipped.

Normally, when I'm drawing in GIMP, the stylus tip acts as the pen, with pressure sensitivity, the other end can be registered as a rubber (or other tool). The button on the pen serves as right click and at all times, hovering to the edge will allow me to bring the virtual keyboard up.

Now, for some reason, none of the above works. It still registers as a mouse (as does the other side of the stylus), but the button doesn't work nor does anything else.

If I used my finger to touch, I can get the functionality of the pen (press and hold to right click and virtual keyboard).

I've tried reinstalling the wacom drivers but its still the same. I've tried calibrating using the windows tool, but when i choose "pen calibration" the pen isn't recognised :( like wise with my finger.

Any ideas?

2. cegras

cegras Scribbler - Standard Member

Under windows tablet PC options there should be buttons for 'calibrate display for pen' and 'calibrate display for touch.'

You probably won't see this, or maybe you solved your problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.