Help me determine the right Tablet for me.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lbgrowl, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I stumbled across your forum while doing research on Tablet PCs. I'm in the market for one at the moment and I wonder if you all can help. I'm a college student starting in the engineering program at the University of Florida. I'm looking for something that's as close to pen and paper as possible for everyday note taking. I'll be paying for this myself so the price is definitely a factor. Also a screen that can take a bit of sunlight is a plus, especially here in Florida. My local CompUSA has the Toshiba Satellite R25-S3503 on sale this week for $1149 and I'm sorta leaning toward that one. Bestbuy also has a sale this week on a Gateway but I went and checked it out and didn't like the way it performed at all. Does anyone have any ideas about what would be the best one for me and my budget? Thanks!:D

2. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

3. BrianFL426

BrianFL426 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, im going to UF too, and i too want a tablet, and im also in engineering, and i live in florida.

get the r25, im going with its dedicated GPU big brother the m7, all i can say is wacom>finepoint

4. Telo

Telo Pen Pal - Newbie

You might also check out an acer c202. Relatively inexpensive and slightly smaller than the R20 if size is an issue. I just got its big brother the c204 and I am really enjoyinh it.

5. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the input. remember I'm open to any other tablets besides those 2 I showed. One other thing I want to know is is anyone knows of a decent student discount I could get maybe through my college or the manufacturer. Anything to save money would be nice!

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I hope you had a chance to read our new Student Guide to Buying a Tablet PC today.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Lbgrowl

Lbgrowl Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, nice job with that guide. Thanks for all the input everyone, and I think I'm gonna go with the Toshiba R25 from CompUSA for $1,149. As far as I know CompUSA doesn't have any current coupon codes and Toshiba's not offering any student discounts so I'm stuck paying near retail...OH well it's still ridiculously cheap and I think I'll be happy with it. I'll be sure to stick around to tell you all how its working out. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.